Does anyone remember the 'Berkeley'???

Does anyone remember the \'Berkeley\'???

Does anyone remember the 'Berkeley'???
here are a few pics of a new set of mouldings that were exibited at the 'Stoneleigh Resteration Show' here in the UK.

Attachments

• 78505-DSCF0007.JPG
    78505-DSCF0007.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 202
Re: Does anyone remember the \'Berkeley\'???

another

Attachments

• 78506-DSCF0009.JPG
    78506-DSCF0009.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 245

last one.

Attachments

• 78507-DSCF0004.JPG
    78507-DSCF0004.JPG
    303.7 KB · Views: 192

Hmmmm, is this the one that had a 2 stroke motorcycle engine? Maybe wrong but something niggling at the back of my mind (such as it is). Either this or something like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There was a three wheeler version fitted with a three cylinder 350?cc Excelsior two stroke. The four wheeler was fitted with a Royal Enfield four stroke 500cc (or bigger?) and was capable of 100 mph!!!

Brian.

The Berkeley shown in the picuters is a 328 model. I belive it was the first fibreglass monocoque car to be produced and was fitted with an Excelsior twin engine 250cc bored out to 328cc.
There are guys on the other side of the pond that still race them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

The Berkeley shown in the pictures is a 328 model and I belive they were the first fibreglass momocoque cars, this one will be fitted with it's original Excelsior twin two stroke engine (250cc bored out to 328cc)
The guy producing them is called Phil Turner and has 8 in total in various states of repair/decay. He said he has produced new moulds for the three and four wheeler and would like to get them all back on the road in the next few years

Good luck

Bud

Back