Door Seals

Check your spacing !!! I bought everything out there nothing will work for mine the space between my door and center section changes from zero to 3/4" I won't be able to use any.

The key to maintaining a useful gap is to fit the seals as you fit the doors.

I'm using a 3/4" wide shallow D-type EPDM seal from my favorite supply house, McMaster, part number 93085K16.

I am thinking about adding double seals around certain areas to improve sealing. There are flat 1/4" X 1" seals I have to supplement the d-profile above.

Will there was no way I could get any into some spots I had to grind down the inner door just to get to go down enough to flush it out with the rest of the door.

Will there was no way I could get any into some spots I had to grind down the inner door just to get to go down enough to flush it out with the rest of the door.

I've seen a lot of SLCs and I haven't seen one that I remember had to have the doors ground to fit. Is it possible the spider on your car is a little cattywumpus? It's easy to distort the spider, lock it down, and have all sorts of fitment problems that go away when the spider is relaxed and mounted perfectly.

I can't know if that is the case with your car, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were, just based on all the others I've seen.

Back