DRB #46 now on the road

Darrell, your car is just beautiful. However, I'm curious about your intended treatment of the door windows. Will there be any? Even a fair weather car gets caught in the rain sometimes, so I am curious.

Dalton

Dalton the windows are work in progress i am doing somthing like a maclaren F1 with a long opening at the botton that will fold in on the inner sill of the window. I will post a pic when finnished.

Darrell

Thanks. Or you could bring it down to Sydney for me to see (I'm close to the end of the F3). And leave it with me for a couple of days to fully check out.

Dalton

Hi Darrell,

Fantastic car, I have DRB #65 and am slowly gathering parts. I am also building a house so unfortunatly the car is a bit slow.:sad:

I am amazed at your car as itis almost exactly what I have planned for mine.

It will probably be Mercury grey with either white or shadowed silver stripes.

I was even going to use BA falcon interior door handles. I bought a XR6 Turbo last year and have been scouting it for parts I can use like the door hanbles, side indicators etc.

Great build.

Jimmy M

Hi Darrell
Just wanted to thank you for your generosity in taking me for a ride on Friday at the Cobra Nationals - your car is a work of art, and you appear deservedly happy with the result.
Cheers, Simon

Thanks Simon its always a pleasure to help. When i was researching to buy my car several owners gave me the opportunity of having a run in their cars and i was very thankfull of their generosity so its is the least i can do to do the same for someone else.
By the way i had a great weekend with my car, after driving to and from Newcastle to the Cobra nationals on friday i took my car to King Edward Park Hillclimb car display and won peoples favorite both days. I have won trophies there before but had to dive hard to do it.
Darrell
DRB#46
LS1 G50

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Beautiful car Darrell, I don't know how I missed this post but your car is a work of art and you should be rightfully proud of it.

You mentioned the Cobra Nationals...... I'd like to see a GT40 Nationals one day, that would be a sight!

Bill H

Thanks Bill, I know its not everyone's cup of tea but my car is everything I wished for and more. I watched your build as I was building my car and it was build logs like yours that kept me motivated to get my car finished. You to can be very proud of your car.

I only spent Friday at Wakefield Park but it was very enjoyable I would love to see a large contingent of GT40s there I an sure that the Cobra boys (and girls) would be happy to have them along.

Darrell
DRB#46
LS1 G50

Back