EBC Bluestuff Pads - Comments?

Hi Everybody,

I'm just about to get back on the road after a long rebuild.

When I last drove the car, it had twin servos and Redstuff pads with HiSpec Billet 4 front calipers.

In the rebuild, I removed both servos, and now the Redstuff pads now seem very 'wooden' withouit the servos.

The new Bluestuff NDX pads have been suggested as replacements.

I was planning to use DS2500 pads, but the Bluestuff sound better.

The car is mainly for road use, but I am planning to do the LMC track laps.

Anyone got any suggestions/experiences of these pads without servos?

Cheers,

Geoff.

Just changed my pads on same calipers from Green stuff to Yellow stuff.

A great improvement in braking, from road to track usage.
Only negative is that there is mores dust than the green ones and the Bluestuff.

DS2500 is to my understanding more for track days.So blue stuff is a better choice between both to me

See you in Le Mans !

Rgds
Fred

I was thinking about the DS2500 for my Billet 4 HiSpec.
But as I am planning to go for a whole new set-up by the end of this year (AP brakes, knock on/off wheels, uprights), I am keeping it the way it is because I didn't feel it justifies the investment for just half an hour LMC.

Hi Geoff,

I have used green stuff in the past on my old TVR's and found them a little wooden, but have not tried the NXT Blue Stuff so I cannot comment on these.

I also have Hi Spec brake callipers fitted with no servo’s on my GT and have now changed over from DS2500 as these also felt that they lacked feeling and I have changed over to Hawk HP Plus and been running them for the past year and I can highly recommend them for use as fast road and spirited track use, with not even a hint of brake fade.

Back