Engine Crane

Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable engine crane to use with the a forty? I'm based in the UK so i have been looking at clarke cranes but i'm not sure home much a fully assembled cast iron small block weighs and therefore which one i need!

Sealey 2 Ton, PH20 I think.
Only downside of the 2 ton cranes it the legs that go under the vehicle are quite high, need a clearance of about 5 inches to get them under.

There are quite a few on ebay but watch the delivery costs, most tool companies ship free if the order is over a certain amount.

i have one of teh cheaper Clarke cranes. i have to use a trolley jack at teh rear first to get the legs/wheels under. I am in Berkshire if thats close enough

Thanks for the advice and offers to lend.
I'm going to get one for my own just because i intend to make the exhaust for the car so i'm going to put a bare block in first and mock everything up then take it out again rebuild the engine then put it back. At my current rate of progress that could take sometime! I would want to borrow something for that long!

Went for a 2 ton one off ebay in the end. It looks like an unbranded version of the sealey.

Thanks again guy's

Chris

Back