ERA

I've searched the sites archives but cannot find any reference to the ERA GT 'GT40'. Does anybody have any experience or views on this replica? Their web site looks good.
Terry Sullivan.

When I first started looking a few years ago, ERA was the benchmark, with the downsides being cost and time to delivery. Now SPF has the continuation thing, and other companies have stepped up with new products. But ERA cars are still supposed to be top notch. I know Speed200mph has one.

Terry,

Where abouts are you in the UK? there is one member who has an ERA over here. His name's John and he goes to the Kent Meet.

I THINK it may be the only ERA in the UK? It's an absolute cracker, beautifully made.

Simon

They do look good, and the kit sounds pretty easy to put together. But i seem to remember (like J.Salmon quite rightly said) the waiting list is something like 2 years and it is one of the most expensive of the GT40 kits around... most of which you seem to have to pay before you even get hold of the car.

ERA is about 30 minutes from my house and I spent a good bit of time looking over their GT40 and picked up a build manual last time I was up there when my uncle picked up his Cobra. Their product is topnotch and a very close replica of the original. I ended up buying an RCR for three reasons: cost, delivery, and fit.

The ERA is a beautiful car, but very expensive compared to others. The lead time was almost 2 years. But the biggest reason for me is that I'm 6'4" and just could not fit in the ERA car. Even with the RCR, it is tight, but once I am in I fit quite comfortably.

ERA

Fit,Finish, Ease of assembly and most critical they take care of their customers, Always willing to help with questions. Yes you will have questions. High price, long wait but all worth it.
On the the road since May 2006

yeah , I wonder if threr is a good story to that color ???U need 2 buy that car for 50k so u can repaint it. It looks like the frame is painted also ?

I just can't let that be the last impression of an ERA GT40

Attachments

• gt40.jpg
    gt40.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 594
Many thanks to all who responded to my original ERA enquiry. I've only seen their website but build & specification seems pretty good and most of you have confirmed this. The one on offer seems to be a fair price but were I to import into the U.K. I'd face a ten stretch in the Tower of London!
Terry Sullivan.

The color is a bit much for me, But for that price you could repaint it. You could not build the car for that price. I'll bet he's has more in just parts and the basic kit price than the asking price.
That is the cheapest ERA gt40 for sale i've ever seen

LLoyd

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
If it wasn't such a 'gopping ' colour scheme, I imagine it would have sold at a reasonable price for an ERA. What on earth posessed someone to
do that.
rockonsmile:dead:

Back