Ev slc

Ed McClements

Supporter
I want to use a Manual transmission btw i forgot to mention that

EV's don't use normal transmissions. You don't need to gear an EV electric motor, as they provide torque from zero RPM and can spin up quickly.

EV's don't use normal transmissions. You don't need to gear an EV electric motor, as they provide torque from zero RPM and can spin up quickly.

Trying to get a custom transaxle for single gear reduction is out of my price range and i was more than likely going to use a dc motor because the 500hp ac motors are 20k without batery controller ...ect

Howard Jones

Supporter
Clearly you don't have much in the way of electrical engineering background. I don't mean to offend but do you have any idea what a 500 HP electric motor is all about? Check out the current/voltage requirement. You are going to need more than a 1/3 MEGAWATT to run it. Then you are going to need to ………………….ahhhhhhhhhh never mind...……….here's the DC version. Go for it.

You can buy one on Amazon...……………..

Last edited:
4170 lbs shipping weight... that car will be nice and svelte... almost lotus like. Lots of lightness added for the motor

Clearly you don't have much in the way of electrical engineering background. I don't mean to offend but do you have any idea what a 500 HP electric motor is all about? Check out the current/voltage requirement. You are going to need more than a 1/3 MEGAWATT to run it. Then you are going to need to ………………….ahhhhhhhhhh never mind...……….here's the DC version. Go for it.

Thats a big oof and ev west has gotten 500 hp from 2 warp 11s and from a dual core ev racing motor its just the race motor is 20k and the dual 11s are 2 long to fith the slc

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
72 volt DC, no transmission as it’s direct drive, it would do zero to 60 in under 4 seconds with a 190ish pound pilot...
Oh, and thats when I programmed the controller to allow 450 amps at WOT...
The Ninja in the second picture is much lighter (~70#) and will host the drivetrain from the Hurricane chassis.
That is, if I ever get my life back in order again...

There are a number of really great forums that are dedicated to building EVs. A plethora of knowledge in those forums can save you a lot of money and work for nothing.
You will mostly find that those who chose to run their motors through a transmission found that they would select one of two gears - around town with a top speed of say 60mph and highway with a top speed limited only by their motors operating limits.
Electric motors generate a lot of heat when worked hard. A brushed motor can start throwing solder from its commutator to armature winding joints when worked too hard or run too fast.
Brushless is the way to go for dependability, but the complexity of the systems to control them are far greater..

In the long run, you would be far happier with your results by choosing an EV configuration over a large diesel like the Powerstrokes..
0DADD351-11DC-4BB5-BEE0-715E260D1618.png
AAF81F3C-F4C8-4459-A8E6-7331EFC9C4EB.png

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
By the way -
I believe RCR has already delivered an EV version of the SL-C.... Or maybe it was one of their other cars.
Talk with Fran Hall at RCR / SL-C and tell him what you’re after...

This is the link https://www.evwest.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=300&osCsid=3bqokro8js8lncd1su8a7jept0

Back