Expansion tank plumbing help

Howard Jones

Supporter
I would like to see you run the expansion tank inlet like this. This is the lower return coolant main line from the radiator (coldest) with a bung for the expansion tank inlet welded to the side of it. Doing this will free up the pump ports for the heater system as OEM intended. You might need to have someone make you a short length of tubing for this but that's what I recommend for that.

The orange plug is for the fan control I believe so check on that but that's what I think.

So now you have a relatively normal setup like the hand-drawn picture JP posted with the addition of the heater in the normal configuration.

The T thing you made in your hand will get you a bleed line from the top of the motor? I'm not clear on this. The bleed for the top of the motor needs to be on the hot side of the thermostat. This is the port you are missing....right. The blue tape-covered port in the radiator will be your bleed return back to the ExT for the radiator. You may need to use a "T" for the two bleed lines on the expansion tank but I covered that.

I am hearing you say you need four sensors, 1. water temp gauge, 2. a engine management computer water temp input data, 3. AC water temp sensor, and a 4. fan on-off sensor. So I think you are good to go. Be sure to sense coolant temp for the engine management computer from one of the top of the radiator positions and I would use the other top of the intake position for the water temp gauge.

I may have confused JP's pictures with yours, and believed you were running a EWP as well. Sorry

Attachments

• HPIM1028.jpg
    HPIM1028.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
so that didnt work lol. The 1/2npt to 10an swivel 90 did not fit as space is very limited with the borla. After searching for hours i could not find a slim fitting till i came across a company in new zealand called franklin performance who custom makes fitting and have exactly what i need.
5374E9CC-2EE4-480B-B63F-B8CD59A1244C.jpeg

Back