Experience with Esqual kitplanes anyone?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I was recently approached to enter into a syndicate for a kitplane called an esqual.
Does anyone have any experience with these planes??

Bill.

Attachments

• 36000-esqual.jpg
    36000-esqual.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 438
I checked them out. I was interested in the Jabiru 3300 motor and looked at two aircraft locally to see the engine installation. They were nicely put together, but I personally think they are in a niche that is too heavily populated with quite a few nice aircraft. I found the offering interesting and I would have considered it I weren't already building one. However, there are sooo many similar planes out there. I thknk the build time and builder assistance program of the Dyanmic would have pushed more that way.

Alas, I got a smokin deal on a S-16 and am plodding through it. 50% done and 90% to go...

My opinion-
Mike

Looks like a Lancair 320. No tech here, just a suggestion: escape the winter doldrums in Oz and come on out to Oshkosh this year. I plan to be there with my boys.

No, the S-16 is the Shekari - like a scaled down RV6 (it uses the RV6 canopy). It is componsite fuselage, steel cockpit cage, aluminum wings and control surfaces. www.rans.com. I am building the taildragger version.

It is set up for 160mph cruise on 100hp. 800 mile range.

Mike

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Mike

The link doesn't work??

Mark

Thanks for the invite, however the closest I'm getting to Oshkosh this year is Hawaii in June /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You're right about the Lancair 320, it does look similar but the Lancair is way more expensive.....

Bill.

Back