F.1. Melbourne.

Hi Ross,
Any spots left for the Sat BBQ? While we are on the subject of hijacking, I hope the Lotus club doesn't mind being hijacked by GT40 enthusiasts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Is there any off-street parking so that we can bring our '40s along?... then we can make a real night of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Chris

Can I hijack a seat in your 40 if all this pans out for the Sat night BBQ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I've been waiting for a spin in your car for ages..haha.

No pressure of course..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bill

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes that's fine Chris.Ivan is a great guy and I had my car there last year so taking yours this year would be good.The cars are lined up on the frontage but well off the street.There are a lot of hoons that drive past but thankfully don't stop.I'll ring Ivan to double check it's ok.
Ross

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Bill H (but no I don't own Pete's Bar (yet) - maybe I will after the event) !!

My number is 0417-268-917

If a few of us get together, we should be able to come up with some sort of simulated (?) "drunk & disorderly" action as a diversion to get Ross in !!

See you all at Pete's Bar mid-day, every day - I'll be the old geezer with grey hair, grey beard, glasses, scotch-in-hand & may well be in the company of a rather large mate who usually wears his kilt to GP's !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hope that's not the guy that runs ONTO F1 tracks and bumps the odd marathon Olympian.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Looking forward to it!!!

by the way, this is what I look like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bill.

Attachments

• 52757-dork.jpg
    52757-dork.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 226
[ QUOTE ]
... may well be in the company of a rather large mate who usually wears his kilt to GP's !

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly the articles of the day warned the ladies not to wear short skirts when traveling in a GT40 for fear of showing more than they intended while climbing out... so I really really hope you don't drive him over in the '40 Peter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill,
We can hitch up for a drive in the GT40 any time. I don't need much of an excuse. Ummmm, now let's see... my excuse for a drive this weekend is that I have too much fuel in the tanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross,
I don't want to inconvenience Ivan, so feel free to call it as it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bill H - no Sam is not that loony (but would like to shoot him for bringing kilted persons into disrepute) !

Chris - Sam in his kilt getting into a '40 might be the only time that crowds will actually back away from the car !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Well, we will be leaving Sydney before the sparrow farts tomorrow morning. Driving down in the trusty HSV Maloo straight to the Roaring Forties facility. (i hope they dont set my ute on fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) I plan to sit in my RFGT and make brooooom broooooom noises /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. And take lost of photos.
Look forward to meeting all at the Bar for a schooey of two.

Arrived Sat Morning, just getting into the Time Zone, hopefully off to RF on Friday. GP Sat & Sun

Geez its hot..... I left snow behind in the UK..........

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Joe welcome to Melbourne and the heat.If you want to come and have a look at my car, I'm in Seaford which is down the Peninsula 40 minutes from Melbourne by car.Phone number is Bus 97864211 or Mob 0418399865, if not I'll see you on saturday.I was at Phillip Island on Sunday and met Hersh.Saw the 2 GT40s on the track.The 2nd one was only a sec a lap faster than my best time.Apparently he has 450hp and I reckon i've got 375-400.Of course he wasn't on slicks though.
Ross

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hi all, I probably won't get time to read any posts between now and Thursday morning (GP Start), so I hope to meet you all in Pete's bar (see map at start of this thread). My number is also on this thread for those that are in general admission and may need help getting to Pete's Bar (Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).
Looking forward to a fun (extended) weekend and meeting you all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Gay" we don't mention that word around 'ere mate--otherwise you'll be sent to Mr Jackson who'll promptly administer his 'Jesus' juice until your bum gets sore then you'll be put out to pasture in Sydney /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back