F 1

Bill Kearley

Supporter
What's the concensus on Brazil. Did any one note how rough the track is / was when Brundle did the parade lap in what I think was one of Senna's old cars?
I think the Ferrari contact exposed an all ready damaged suspension. Could be very lucky that it happened the way it did, and shortly after another car suffered a suspension failure.
Why was there a caution when Bottas's engine failed and was completely clear of the track. Could it be a little game by the stewards to add drama.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Couldn't have been any rougher than COTA. Sound plausible on the existing damage that was pushed to failure on the red team.

Nothing could be rougher than COTA is now. Seriously.

Seems to be Bottas' car could have been high centered as it was half on half off the access road. Hard to tell, but there was some drop off at the edge of the pavement.

The Elephant in the room... What the hell was Vettle thinking as he crowded his teammate to the center of the track and then claim LeClerc was trying to run him out of track? What a putz.

Would have been historic to see three 'Red Bulls' on the same podium.

The 3 Red Bulls on the podium would have been awesome.
Vettle did exactly the same thing with Webber, hasn't learnt a thing.
I think Riccardo was a bit too cautious of Magnuson chopping him and lost it bumping on the curb. otherwise felt he was far enough up to claim the corner. penalty seems ok after having a day to think about it. I wonder where he would have finished if not for that. Was he ahead of Saintz at that stage or was it Lando?

I am just about to put the "3 Legs - 4 wheels" f1 pod cast on for my commute home. Normally good for a laugh.

One of the better races this season. The last few have kept my attention, which is short nowadays. Felt sorry for Albon, he really deserved to podium. I used to like Vettel a lot, though admittedly, he was a little petulant. That certainly hasn't changed with age and experience, and that's a bit disappointing. Lest everyone forget, Schumi was a bit like that (yes, he's been deified regardless).

I'm interested to see how things play out in 2021, with the rules changes. Are any of the major players going to use them as an excuse to bail? At least, there is a hope for more parity.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Horrific crash for Haas today. Defies reason on how Grosjean made it out of the car. Unbelievable. Car split in half, with the driver‘s half not only wedged between the steel ribbon of the Armco, but also engulfed in flames (1st lap of race), and yet he made it out.

All those against the halo will now see that it does actually save lives, not a fan visually but it certainly did its job today

Agree, we sat watching, shaken in disbelief.
The sharp nose of the car must have pierced that slim slot between the two Aramco rails.
Thankfully today was not a Swiss cheese day.

The marshel running across the track was also a bit of a worry.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
F1 - what a load of crap. Yesterdays race did not make the news here in the UK. It may have done if the driver in first place was black but he wasn't. He is a white Dutchman. Our stupid prime minister may well be trying to honourHamilton in the New Years list . WHAT FOR ?ANYONE OF AVERAGE ABILITITY IN A FORMULA ONE CAR - ESPECIALLY THE ONE hAMILTON WAS DRIVING - WOULD HAVE BEATEN SHUMACHERS RECORDS HANDS DOWN. The so called sport of F1 IS DIRE. It's finished.

While not a huge Hammy fan, you gotta give the man credit for his ability to maximize the performance of his car, make passes from the back and manage tires. His racecraft is MILES ahead of his teammate. I like Bottas, wish he was more competitive but unfortunately he has a habit of making himself look (speaking of) average too often ....... and that's before we factor in his horrible luck.

Russell is FAST for sure, what a fantastic drive. Move Russel up to Mercedes and let the two go at it, at least we'd have something to watch.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bottas is the PERFECT second driver if you are trying to will the constructor's championship. He is fast enough to fill in the front row and block from behind if his number one is in the lead. Then the strategy can be fed into the full team biased towards the lead driver.

This is what F1 is after all. A constructors championship.

My 1st 6 rows would look like this given Berney Ecistone's power.

1. Hamilton, Russel, merk's
2, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Redbulls
3. Alonzo, Perez, Alpine
4. Leclerc, Rickkonen, Fer
5. Botas, Vettle, racing point
6. Norris, Sainz, Maclaren

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I like it...except the Bottas, Vettle pairing. The only thing I think they have in common is that they may feel a little conflicted right now, but Bottas didn't completely give up on his car like Vettle did (unless Vettle has simply lost his moxy, and that again puts him with....Haas? :) .

Back