F1 in 2011

Keith

£600 per year for the SKY Premium Sports package you will need to watch it?

+ more ££££££'s if you want HD?

Go fly a kite Murdoch - you will not be getting my money so I guess F1 will have lost yet another viewer. If you do a mere 100th to F1 as you have for Football - you will totally screw this unique pageant.

£600 per year for the SKY Premium Sports package you will need to watch it?

+ more ££££££'s if you want HD?

Go fly a kite Murdoch - you will not be getting my money so I guess F1 will have lost yet another viewer. If you do a mere 100th to F1 as you have for Football - you will totally screw this unique pageant.

And then there's guys like me who are paying that £600 per year because I love cricket, and since Murdoch hoovered all that up from Channel 4 it was a case of pay up, or have to talk to the wife during test matches....

My local boozer pays Sky £9,000 per year for the privelige of Sky sports. He has just told them to shove it and now has the Greek equivalant showing much the same for £2,200 per year...

Keith

That's until Murdoch's lawyers sue him in court and I'm afraid your guy will lose mate. In some cases, the publican has ended up losing his business owing to the extreme costs involved in defending a High Court action.

There is a publican in Portsmouth named Karen (don't know her last name) that took her case for using foreign sat system to the European Court of Human Rights which upheld her ascertation that she should be able to use any satellite system available in the EEC. Problem is, a UK High Court agreed with Murdochs hordes so it was all in vain. I would warn your local publican that he ought to be very circumspect i.e. not advertise the fact.

SKY have a total legal lock on satellite TV transmissions in the UK for most premium sports.

One of the most compelling reasons for opting in to the EEC thing is that we (the humble Brits) can enjoy the same rights and privileges that other member states do, right?

WRONG!

That's until Murdoch's lawyers sue him in court and I'm afraid your guy will lose mate. In some cases, the publican has ended up losing his business owing to the extreme costs involved in defending a High Court action.

There is a publican in Portsmouth named Karen (don't know her last name) that took her case for using foreign sat system to the European Court of Human Rights which upheld her ascertation that she should be able to use any satellite system available in the EEC. Problem is, a UK High Court agreed with Murdochs hordes so it was all in vain. I would warn your local publican that he ought to be very circumspect i.e. not advertise the fact.

SKY have a total legal lock on satellite TV transmissions in the UK for most premium sports.

One of the most compelling reasons for opting in to the EEC thing is that we (the humble Brits) can enjoy the same rights and privileges that other member states do, right?

WRONG!

Interesting shout there pal. I'll let him know.

Big business is taking over the world...As an aside, my Sales manager recently started to get into Chamber of Commerce metteings, and council meetings to try to get some potential business out of them. HAHAHAHAHA you must be joking. Swindon Borough Council signed a 12 YEAR CONTRACT with Capita (a giant corporation), so no crumbs left on the table whatsoever for local businesses.

As a purchasing manager, how can you sign anything contract for 12 years? It's fucked me off so much that I'm writing a dossier to send to my MP of the incompetences of my local council. The small businessman is an irrelevance to councils, until it comes to paying tax that is....

Keith

Good call Graham. There is no way any council should sign a 12 year contract as no-one even George Soros can predict our financial future at the moment. I am not even sure that a local council even has a mandate to sign for such a contractual length,

Smells like a brown envelope to me.....

Tell your publican there is absolutely no way he can show Premier League matches or any Premier Sport that SKY have exclusive UK broadcast rights to in real time on a foreign satellite system to the general public and be legal in the United Kingdom.

On a voluntary time delayed basis, it still wouldn't wash in court as the potential for "IP theft" still exists. Murdoch has £millions and has won every case against foreign satellite systems in pubs to date in the UK.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Vettel only need to be in fifth place for the next four races to seal the championship.
Easy peasy.........
I'll be at Trent Bridge for the third day( of a possible five day match) tomorrow, quaffing several very chilled premier cru and as someone else will be driving back, we will stay until the bitter end of play and so I won't see the F1 race. Never mind.

Graham, I only pay for the limited period of the test matches which I know is a lot less cricket than there is available to watch, but it's International test match cricket is the type of cricket that totally captivates me - and my daughters as well. I actually go to the matches and record them at the same time and the test matches only cost me £30 per year. Incidentally, we have a cricket ground right in front of our house and it's quite nice to amble over with a bottle and idle away an afternoon watching the local pretend Tendulkas and Petersons. Strauss actually lives here in the immediate environs but nobody ever mentions that.

Last edited:

Keith

NONSPOILER

HUNGARY

Well that certainly had me on the edge of my seat!

Note to all part time F1 fans - don't miss this one... :)

Back