FAST EZ EFI self tuning system issues

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
My Borla Eight Stack was originally set up with FAST EFI. It was a nightmare to manage and nobody in the Charlotte area (i.e., where everything automotive is located) would touch it.

I ended up swapping it out with Holley Terminator X after Prestige Motorsports built my new engine. That is a MUCH better system with tons of support available just about everywhere.

Agree, nothing but problems with my FAST and no support. In a few weeks I will be swapping to the Holley Terminator X.

^ I tore out an ECU/harness that was causing me problems and installed something better supported. Yeah, it sucks to spend that money all over again, but the peace of mind that comes with it is wonderful. Haven't had a problem since.

Im going to be using MaxxEcu Race with my 8 stack, not expecting any issues for tuning etc and neither is my tuner. Will be DBW, coil near plug, sequential ignition and injection on flex fuel. Custom pieced together system for my 9.2 deck. Hopefully it all works out anyway haha.

The FAST's had nothing but bad reviews from what i saw when looking it up. Is it worth spending any real money trying to fix it? In my opinion, no.
You should be able to keep the same loom but just repin the ECU connectors to suit the new unit.

Back