Ferrari Powered GT40

Thanks for the update Troy...keep them coming. The 360 engine not good enough for you eh? You are a little crazy and I like that.

VERY disappointed to hear you are having troubles with Absolute Pace....seems like a stupid thing to get stuck on IMO. You have given me pause. I would like to know more if you are willing to share.

More pics more pics

Bart Roberts

Supporter
Troy can you share a little info on your rim and tire choice? I see early pics with knock offs then late with MOMO lug rims. I'm in early stages of planning a somewhat conventional build that I plan to use Corvette C6 arms and uprights and have not decided on rim and wheels yet. Thanks and absolutely beautiful build. I also have a Ferrari 348 Engine mated to a 355 6 speed but it's not going in the GT40, I'm saving it for another project.

Sure Bart, what would you like to know?

These rims are 18x9 and 18x11, and have been manufactured to a centre bore size of 70.3mm to suit the corvette hubs (5×4.75" / 5x120.65mm) GM pcd. Tyres are R compound Toyo R888r, 245/40-18" and 335/30-18".

The first wheels on the car were 15x8 and 15x14 BRM style centrelocks from Bob Lacey at Vintage Wheels. Stunning wheels, but didn't work with the brake upgrade that I fitted later. Tyres were hand cut Avon slicks, cut to the heritage tread pattern.

Back