Ferrari V8 - What should I build?

A little indulgent, I know. I had planned on fitting this engine to my F3000 chassis, but am thinking it'd be a fun 9000rpm engine to enjoy in something that could be used anytime, road registered.

Current options include lightweight GT40, 917, Westfield, D Type replica, Alfa Romeo 1300 Junior, Lancia Stratos replica, among others. I also still have all the F1 uprights, drive shafts and brakes, so could incorporate them too.

Gearbox will be a 6spd sequential, whether it's a transaxle or inline box.

Anyone with some crazy ideas?

Attachments

• 20150929_080929 (576x1024).jpg
    20150929_080929 (576x1024).jpg
    217 KB · Views: 380
Trike, then you can toss an old commodore V6 in it & sell when your sick of bugs in your teeth....you wanted crazy:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Putting it in a GT/GT40 replica would be just too wrong on so many levels... :eek:

Alfa or Lancia would be okay but a bit odd...

P4 --- YES

P4 seems a popular choice.

If only a 250GT California was still available in kit form. I believe Louis Linxwiler sold his moulds to a company now only producing turn-key minus cars.

I wonder if Fran has anything interesting like that, or other F Cars for that matter, on the low-down?

Keith

Lotus 62S

Do you know, Id never heard of this model and I once raced a 47! Thanks for the tip. Yes that would be a great vehicle for the F motor... :thumbsup: but I'll bet there aren't any down under and even 47's (Europa) would be hard to find and expensive.

However. I think an F motor belongs in an F to be honest, so have a look at these..

Ferrari Replica Kits

i recon Westfield, put the F1 corners on it , 9000rpm motor. Let the world marvel. Lancia Stratos makes sense with the Fezza motor. Some might say the GT40 with a Fezza motor is the best of both worlds.......An SLC / Ultima type car would take the motor and the F1 corners would look right at home.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone with some crazy ideas?

Buy Kent's RCR P4 in the for sale section and before you bring the P4 across the pond pull/sell LS and Porsche box to someone here on the board that is looking for a drop in for their SL-C (or ?) build....all is right with the world......not crazy but definitely proper.

Best,
K

Some good suggestions there, and certainly doing my homework on a few mentioned above. The engine bay doesn't need to be that tall, as I can always fit the Jenvey 8-stack set-up to this V8, which lowers the height significantly.

Still leaning towards something that looks old, even if it isn't. I'm not bothered about blasphemy, by the way :lipsrsealed:

Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, or Ford mini pickup lowered to the ground. Ultimate sleeper and would keep you grinning. Best parts chaser ever, just use good tie downs for the stuff in the back.

Back