Fire Damaged Project. Anyone looking for a 302 in UK?

Project obliterated by garage fire. Following may be recoverable:

1. 302 block rebored new forged pistons,balanced crank and flywheel, Crane camshaft, hydraulic followers, new timing mechanism and water pump.
2. 289 heads with roller rockers and screw in studs, Holley manifold, and a stainless exhaust system.
3. Mated to a reconditioned Renault 30 four speed gearbox.
4. Chassis intact with no paint and rubber bushes due to the fire.
5. Replica water radiator , not damaged, and foam filled fuel tanks externally OK but the condition of the foam filling is not known.
Based in Surrey - KT20 TD
E-mail or PM

Attachments

• Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 526
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 563
  • Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 515
Hang on guys, it's not my car!
I received this post from Ken Saunders and am forwarding it in the hope that the owner can recover something from this disaster.
In the Reims pits after the LMC.

Attachments

• P1000447small.jpg
    P1000447small.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 338
I spoke to the chap who owns the car. He spent 15 years building the car and a rogue battery charger started the fire which burnt his garage to the ground. Sadly he was NOT insured and the car is pretty much a total loss.
Going to see him next week so will update any info then.

Simon

Fortunately it looks like he is almost through with the rebuild of the garage. It sure looks like it got HOT!

I'm considering buying the engine from this car - what's the likelihood of it being salvageable? It looks in the pics like the rocker covers and carb have melted.......

Anyone got any advice? As you said...it certainly looks like it got HOT!

One indicator in a situation like this is the valve springs, if they have taken a 'set' at or very close to the installed height then you can be assured that temps in the area have been very high. Normally with a motor that has done some work you can judge by the colour of any oil in the valve spring tappet area, but as this car may not have been running immediately prior to the fire then this might not be possible in this case. Another factor is what if any type of fire extinguishers were used at the scene, some can be very corrosive if action to prevent this is not taken soon afterward.

Back