flipping my z-f

I read a bunch of the threads I found, to find out what exactly needs to be done to flip a z-f . I could not find specific information on what exactly needs to be done. I would like to find something in written form if possible and thought about ERA as I know they have been mentioned as a source of the directions and list of things that need to be done. can anyone point me to the best manual or source to use....................mahlon

The process (no guarantees, of course...) is described here:
GT Manual supplements

I had to make a new bearing puller (drawing in the link above), and that's not available for loan. Some here have said that they removed the bearing without special tools.

You might consider subletting the work to someone who has the tools and experience to do the job.

Thanks Bob for the reply, I too have had to make tools in the past to make life easier. We will gather as much info on the process as possible before we dive in I think. I know there are a lot of knowledge out there on these and I want to do it right.We have a very qualified shop that is close but they are a little slow due to there work load in getting things turned around.................mahlon

Mahlon,

Where are you located in the USA? As one of the leading Pantera dorks around, I know where most of the qualified ZF guys are working...if one is year you I will hook you up! :thumbsup:

Mike we are in colorado, and have a very qualified z-f guy not to far away. The only issue is he is very busy, we thought since we are up to three of them it might be a good time to get to know one. I will probable talk to him again later this week as i need the top/bottom depending on how we look at it and gaskets for pulling it back apart. It doesnt look to bad I just want to make sure we do all the tried and tested mods as we plan on running it hard, It Is hooked to a 427 sideoiler and going in our mk-4.............................mahlon

Thanks for all the reply's It shall be done by next week.....m

What was your solution? Dennis Quella of Pantera Performance Center in Castle Rock CO is the one who did mine 20+ years ago and he's still going strong. He sat on my gearbox for more than two years because he knew my car was in bits and I didn't need it. Once the need became acute he got it out to me in just a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Back