Ford 4.6 32v engine in a gt40

I was wondering if there is someone here that has a Ford Intec v8 4.6 32v engine in there GT40?
I was wondering if this is possible, and what o have to do to make it fit seeing it is a high engine.
Thanks im advance fellow members

Attachments

• 1302sr-01-how-to-run-downdraft-carburetors-on-a-4-6-engine-4-6-L-32-valve-V-8-engine1.jpg
    1302sr-01-how-to-run-downdraft-carburetors-on-a-4-6-engine-4-6-L-32-valve-V-8-engine1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 290

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Yes these have been fitted

I also belI eve RCR and Active Power have also had GT40 builds

Ian

Dave, Jim Cowden, in Australia built a GT40 with A 1996 4.6 Cobra motor. It is very doable. His build log is in the forum. Very impressive sheetmetal worker.

There is a dramatic difference between the Modular motors and the Coyote motors. They are not the same in any aspect.

I am in the process myself of waiting for my kit to arrive to settle in an 03 Cobra motor myself, going to be a very tight fit due to the extra length on the front end with the extra row of pulleys and accessories. I have looked into the shorter drive ends for the supercharger, and modifying the arrangement of accessories to make it shorter if needed. All fabrication and custom work at that point. But that is exactly what a custom built race car is about.

If you have actual mechanical knowledge and metal working skills it is very possible.

I can get one Low miles for 950 euro. But because ot was out of a front wheel drive car, i have some issues regarding the bolt pattern for an Adapter plate to match my Audi transmission.

Dave,
I'm *Not* an expert on the 4.6L motor by any means, but I believe Kennedy Engineering here in the US offers an adapter plate for your
combination (4.6L mod motor/01E transaxle). Surely there are other suppliers in the EU who also offer the right adapter...

I have read about guys using the FWD motor who have had to address the motor mount (passenger side, I think it was) but nothing that was impossible...

I have a Ford Mustang Modular 4.6 but the 16 Valve engine fitted to my GT. It required the chassis to be special built by Southern GT so it would fit, but it fills the engine compartment and looks very impressive.

Attachments

• Engine 1.jpg
    Engine 1.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 213

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here are a couple of pictures one of a coyote and the other of a SBF. I also include a drawing on an SBF, FE, the other 4-valve Ford. There is also pictures I have seen posted on GT40S that is a very good one showing the difference in size of an SBF and a 4 valve motor. I think it was taken at a car show Ford Performance display.

Attachments

• 71K1BJeiYkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71K1BJeiYkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 71NaCP2WRhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71NaCP2WRhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 114094_6v351vFE.gif
    114094_6v351vFE.gif
    13 KB · Views: 147
I am going for the Lincoln Continental 4.6 32v Intec 2001 with 275 hp engine. I allready found someone that drilled holes where the mounts should go.
I cut and put the pieces wider that go from the rollbar to the rear chassis, so the width of the 4.6 DOHC will fit the frame. Now i am waiting to order the engine. When i have it here, i will look if i need any more structual changes. Maybe a few diagional strengthening pieces, and i will have to make the brackets for the motor mounts. Also had someone here that made a dry sump system. I will be looking in to that too if i cant make it fit as it is.
I am really looking forward to start with fitting the engine.
Today i made the brackets for the front lower suspension, and finished the lower part of the rear suspension. Also made brackets for the shifter unit and welded it on to the frame.
20230930_122328.jpg

I was wondering if there is someone here that has a Ford Intec v8 4.6 32v engine in there GT40?
I was wondering if this is possible, and what o have to do to make it fit seeing it is a high engine.
HI Dave ... I am fitting a 5.4 liter Ford Modular (Boss 290 in AU) with Porsche G50. Main issues are the oil inlet is very close to the chassis - and fitting the engine low enough may necessitate a Dry Sump. I can post images if you are interested ...

Attachments

• GT40_BOSS_290_01.jpg
    GT40_BOSS_290_01.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 52
  • GT40_BOSS_290_02.jpg
    GT40_BOSS_290_02.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 59
Back