First time a Tornado in Barcelona

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Oriol

Not to race but you can get the next best thing.
By Joining the GT40 Enthusiasts club on the friday evening you can purchase a place in a half hour track session.

this is restricted to 100 cars (which are spread around the 7 mile track so it is not a busy track)

the track is fully marshalled and you go as fast or as slow as you are comfortable with. 2 years back I did 150mph plus on the Mulsane straight. Others were faster.
In total between 6 and 7 laps are done in the session and for most novice drivers this is long enough (and physical exertion takes it's toll)

See
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-enthusiasts-club/36847-le-mans-classic-club-track-laps.html

Regards
Ian

we are waiting for a part to improve the gear linkage, my be next week we test the car without body.

16-05-2012a.jpg

16-05-2012b.jpg

16-05-2012c.jpg

Congrats Oriol, must be great to be so close to getting it on the road. Very nice build, and in what must be record time. Bill

Thanks guys, the feeling driving the car was very good, a mix of success and adrenaline and the car is demanding for a speed and a road to run fast.
We are in the final process, working in the body, the paint, interior finishing to try present the car in a classic car celebration in my town.

That is a very nice colour, Oriol. I'm not sure what it is though. Looks like a dull silver or aluminium in the photo. Hopefully someone else might know the colour.
Whatever it is, I'm going to add it to my own growing list of colour choices:)

Back