Ford GT from Japanese race

this ford gt is wonderful. the rear of the car seems really different from standard ford gt. dont u have any other pic of car back?
Was this a winning one or just a number in the race?

tanks for pics

Keith

Paulo, it runs in GT300 class in Super GT, Japans premier sports car racing series, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem very competitive against the Ferraris, Lexus, Nissans and Hondas. Having said that it is only it's second season so may get better as they develop it. It takes big bucks and a top driver to be competitive in that series....

Wow, I would like to see more pictures of this Super GT Series, maybe in the Paddock section of the forum???

John

There are two Super GT classes.
Top category is GT500.
And GT300.
500/300 means their typical horse power.
GT500 class was dominated by works team, Honda, Nissan and Toyota.
Ford GT is GT300.
There are so many machines, PORSCHE GT3RSR, PORSCHE 996GT3R, PORSCHE BOXSTER, Lamborghini MURCIELAGO, Lamborghini GALLARDO GT-3, MOSLER MT900R, Ferrari F360 Modena and Japanese specialties.

You can see Super GT pictures from following link.

SUPERGT.net | 2006 Round5 Photo Gallery

And if there is a space, I will post my pictures.

Isn't there a lot of factory teams in Super GT? I think the Ford GT is entered by a private team, so it would make sense that it doesn't do so well stacked against factory teams which huge R&D facilities. Take a look a the rule book to Super GT, its pretty wild.

Isn't there a lot of factory teams in Super GT? I think the Ford GT is entered by a private team, so it would make sense that it doesn't do so well stacked against factory teams which huge R&D facilities. Take a look a the rule book to Super GT, its pretty wild.

Most GT 300 cars were handled by the private teams.
Of course some of GT300 teams have close relationship with works.

Race Car Engineering had a lot of information on this car. Although it does have a production GT chassis as a base, it really couldn’t be considered to have anything in common with the street car. For starters, the rear of the car from the firewall back has been completely chopped off and a whole new setup has been added. It has a new pushrod activated rear suspension with completely different geometry and control arms, a different engine and trans which act as a stressed member and serve as suspension mounting points and im sure everything else you can think of has been done. The GT300 class it runs in limits power to 300hp if im not mistaken (thus the name) so the new engine that the car has is quite a bit smaller then the originals.
Ford GT GT300 | All Articles | Racecar Engineering

just found the link...

Now, in the same issue of Race Car, they did cover a GT that’s running in some sort of FIA race. That looked a lot more stock, and I think they even went on to say that the car was pretty close to stock, especially the engine.

Back