Ford GT starter wiring

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Alex --

Just for my education I would like to see a picture of the thing you are trying to connect to. I gather the fundamental problem is that it's recessed into the starter, and I assume too far to allow soldering to it directly. Is that the case?

Here you go Howard:

Sort of a "D"-shaped plastic female portion and the single small spade.

I'll tell you what's a helluva lot more important than the plug (I used a female spade and called it a day...) it's that the battery cable is dern close to the seat for the axle. So if the car is wired and you hold the axle up as you start to get it in position and it happens to touch the end of the battery cable... well I'd just suggest you disconnect the battery.

I now have made a cover for the terminal.

I'll tell you what's a helluva lot more important than the plug (I used a female spade and called it a day...) it's that the battery cable is dern close to the seat for the axle. So if the car is wired and you hold the axle up as you start to get it in position and it happens to touch the end of the battery cable... well I'd just suggest you disconnect the battery.

I now have made a cover for the terminal.

I think though that would depend on how you run the battery cable? My batter yis located driver side, before the first billet upright. The cable snakes down the billet upright, then along the inside of the rear frame member ..... comes nowhere near the axle.

Alex, did you ever find a source for this part? Ron is just a hater I guess. I appreciate you really wanting to get this connector. I am helping Rob Mesa with wiring his car and we need that connector too.

I never did. A bunch of dead leads basically. So I just stuck a spade connector on and called it a day. It's pretty solid. I'd rather do it right, but I'm not paying $800 for a section of Ford's wiring harness (that isn't even in stock, lol) and 2yrs of failure to find it disuaded me from additional efforts, lol

I've had a .99 cent spade connector on there for 3.5 years, 8k miles.

One time it came off.... So i put it back on.

Back