Ford Small Block Stroker For Sale

Ron Earp

Admin
Title says it all, my high RPM engine is for sale. With the Lola being slated for SCCA 13 Hour Charge of the Headlight Brigade enduro duty and being built as such, this motor will be far outside of what is needed for doing that job. This engine is new, all new components, and has not been used at all.
  • 342 inch SB Ford, brand new block, no overbore which is why it isn't a 347
  • AFR 185 heads, custom CNC porting job
  • Forged crank, zero balanced - bolt on your zero flywheel and go
  • Forged Eagle H beam rods
  • Forged pistons, compression right at 10.7:1 with Calico Coating applied
  • Total Seal rings fitted
  • DDS main support and windage tray with crank scraper
  • Comp Cam solid roller mechanical cam, specs:
    0.676" lift IN, 0.673" lift EX, duration at 0.020 287IN 295EX
    Timing @ 0.050" IN Open 18 BTDC Close BTDC 58
    Timing @ 0.050" EX Open 61 BTDC Close BTDC 21
    110 Lobe separation
  • Comp Cam Valve springs and titanium retainers, 600lb open, 260lb seat
  • Composite dizzy gear, MSD Pro Billet Dizzy
  • Ferrea Hollow Stem Intake and Exhaust Valves, 2.02/1.60
  • Ferrea Valve locks and lash caps
  • Jesel Comp Series Shaft rockers
  • Jesel Pushrods
  • Jesel Keyway solid roller lifters
  • Total Seal rings
  • ARP 1/2" head studs, ARP hardware throughout motor
  • ACL 3/4 grove race main bearings
  • ACL Race Rod bearings
  • Competition brand balancer, three sets of timing marks
  • Old style front cover with brand new shorty water pump, fuel pump boss functional and can be blocked (does not include fuel pump, using that on the Lola)
  • Funnel web single plane intake manifold - a very good setup reported to be better than the Victor Jr and Sr. manifolds, rear tapped for cross pipe to eliminate steam/air pockets or add bleed
  • Canton fully baffled trap door road race pan, front sump, fits well in RCR and RF cars - this motor has been in both sadly enough!!!
I have the receipts for the engine parts, and build latest updates. The target hp goal for this motor is around 530. Basically, this engine is identical to one that the builder (Billy Hauser in NC, used to work with T Hoff a local race shop, now doing his own Ford building) used in an engine builders competition that was able to make 538 fwhp at 7400 RPM on 93 pump gas, and less torque. Engine will not be sold with my "Powered by Ford" valve covers. I will get a set of your choosing if you wish and bolt on the motor for shipping, or leave them bare. Does not come with pulleys, I need those for my enduro engine.

The engine will be shipped on a solid steel stand and inside of a crate. I can ship anywhere in the US for probably $300-$600 and will ship overseas too, I'd imagine that $700 to 1200 would do that. If I ship overseas I'll put whatever you wish on the invoice for customs - used engine at $800 USD is fine on the invoice if needed. I'll even make it dirty if needed for inspection.

I hate to sell it but this thing has been in my garage for two years awaiting the Roaring Forties car since the high RPM rebuild, almost five years if you count when I bought the original 342 Stroker to go in the Roaring Forties car. Time to let go. Receipts total $6500 for the high RPM rebuild it underwent in 2005, the original new engine that I bought was $5XXX, therefore right at $12,000 invested in the engine. Asking $9000 for the motor, shipping can be sorted via my company shipping and you'll pay actual rates if you wish me to handle; I think they'll be in the ranges quoted above but would check before worrying about money transfer.

Ron

Attachments

• engine1.JPG
    engine1.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 448
  • engine2.JPG
    engine2.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 406
  • engine3.JPG
    engine3.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 409

Ron Earp

Admin
The other one he built did fine on pump gas as it was required for the build competition. It is a tad bit less than 11:1 actually, can't remember the measurements exactly but I'll see if they are in the notes - remember about 10.7 or thereabouts. Anyhow, with aluminum heads and a good combustion chamber design that seems to not be an issue. I'll correct that in the specs as it is not quite 11 to 1 anyhow, I rounded up, and don't wish people to be worried about that. It'll do pump gas as that was a specification for the build as well.

Ron

That is a good price !

It would be difficult at best to have a carbon copy professionally built in the northeast, for that amount of coin.

Hope you really want to sell it because at that price its going !

Cheers,
S

Back