FORD vsFERRARI

There in france there is also some interest to the film .....
Being an "old crocodile" from Le mans story ( more than 40 times on track with so many different task from 1967 to 2007!!) I have to confess that
I was really nicely impressed by the work they did to rebuilt the pits ( outside and inside !!) some heart boom boom when Dale is walking inside drinking a cofee was reminding me some similar facts in 78 and more !!!)
Only cristicism is about what they did fro the P3 using a P4 shell it was quite easy to modify slightly the back to match alittle more , also they did well doing GT 105 prototype on the beginning why they didnt use an Mark4 kit modified to replicate more the J car on the last riverside drastic crash .
About the story I was impressed by watching Dale performing so well( he really look like so much Ken !!) but was so surprised they did completly wrong when they let him on the Garage for the year 1965 before , in fact he drove at Le mans !!!! The story was more or less realistic but this wrong scenarion was probably possible to avoid......
O am as all of you mates ; Ok with the film as soon as you forget being into racing , specially here in france , this film will give may be much more interest and catch new fan for the 24 Hours 2020 and may be 2021 with the new regulation eliminating LMP car and creation of Super GT cars !!!

Michael Hampson

Supporter
I was hoping to see a nod to RCR in the credits, but didn't see anything.

On one of the first GT40 scenes, there is a quick shot of the driver's feet, and I swear I saw a modern Tilton pedal assembly. Anyone else see that?

Chris Kouba

Supporter
On one of the first GT40 scenes, there is a quick shot of the driver's feet, and I swear I saw a modern Tilton pedal assembly. Anyone else see that?

Yep. I even pointed it out to my wife. Same thing with the billet components on the brake change. And the 17" or 18" wheels on the Daytona Coupe. And the liveries were "creatively" interpreted (despite being incredibly easy to replicate accurately). And yeah, the J-Car homage was atrocious. And the sped up race footage annoyed me. And Damon playing Shelby was an interesting choice... Bale seems to have been reasonably well cast, though probably still "Hollywood-ified".

But hey, forget all that, and remember that it's not a documentary made by rivet counters, and it features a fantastic cast of cars and it becomes enjoyable again.

It would definitely be interesting to see more of the build and behind the scenes pics if/when they are available.

Yep. I even pointed it out to my wife. Same thing with the billet components on the brake change. And the 17" or 18" wheels on the Daytona Coupe. And the liveries were "creatively" interpreted (despite being incredibly easy to replicate accurately). And yeah, the J-Car homage was atrocious. And the sped up race footage annoyed me. And Damon playing Shelby was an interesting choice... Bale seems to have been reasonably well cast, though probably still "Hollywood-ified".

But hey, forget all that, and remember that it's not a documentary made by rivet counters, and it features a fantastic cast of cars and it becomes enjoyable again.

It would definitely be interesting to see more of the build and behind the scenes pics if/when they are available.

Yes .... you are right !!!
Just look at youtub..... seems there are know some more "behind the scenes"........
May be we will be more fan of an 2 hours film of those !!! LOL

ein prosit auf den ford gt 40 ich denke der film wird in späteren jahren genauso cool werden wie der film von steve mcqueen es ist mit der technik an den autos nicht so genau genommen worden aber im film von steve ist ja auch eine lola zerstört worden und kein porsche 917 und es stört heute keiner mehr habt ihr bemerkt das damals alles viel bunter war alt heute auf den rennstrecken mit ihren edelstahl glaspalast es sind die leute zu beneiden die in ihrer garage einen gt40 haben und nach dem film das auto sitzen oder eine runde fahren können gruß meinolf

Went to see the movie yesterday - I was the only one in the theater so I'm not sure how movie sales are going!

I would rate the movie as very good

John

The movie is a big hit world wide. Google it up. I decided not to pay attention to things like the wrong hood scoop on a corvette in a race scene early on etc.. I enjoyed it .We now have a car guy movie that you can take non car types to and they will have a good time . If you read "Go like Hell" near the end Shelby had stated he had a lot of regret no doing something for Kens memory. I believe the Hollywood types picked up on this and made their relationship the basis for the storyline. Good move. Another documentary would have been seen by few and soon forgotten.

As I think back on the movie, a major omission was that it did not show the work that went into designing and building the car. For example, when and how was the decision made to make it mid-engine. Also no credit was given to Kevin Atkins who designed the body and built the molds. The car just magically appears on the airport tarmac.

It shows a section about testing a big block Ford engine for the car and then magically version II of the car appears in the movie!

John

Back