Found the intake and exhaust I will be getting

This is the most beautiful engine bay I have seen in an SLC. Its not really practical but I want that intake. I also want that exhaust setup. Anyone know who made this and is that exhaust available for purchase?

Attachments

• 20120601-Enginebaysm.jpg
    20120601-Enginebaysm.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 854
That is the Falcon, not an SL-C. The chassis is based more or less on the SL-C but has many bespoke parts on it. The GTM forum on FFR site has many pics of the car.

The intake is Performance Design LLC. intake made here in Metro Detroit...available for any LS based engine...
We make many of the billet parts for the intake and it is beautiful piece...

Performance Design

The exhaust is a modified Kooks piece and will not even come close to working in an SL-C...sorry

Caleb's intake is awesome - when I was doing my 502 my intention was to use it. Sadly it never panned out :( (because of my sh1tty engine builder, not because of Caleb - he was fantastic to work with)

Fyi, if you use it in an sl-c you'll need a custom rear cover to clear the plenums, plus you'll need to lower the engine and have Caleb modify the plenums to clear the spyder section of the chassis, then draw air from the roof scoop to it and filter it. it's all do-able and we had a plan, but it unfortunately isn't a simple plug-and-play in an slc

Hmmmm...I should have looked closer and I would have seen the Falcon emblem.:embarassed: Bummer on the exhaust, it looks great.

Thanks for the info Alex, I will keep looking.

Here are another two from a company called Ozmo. They both look shorter than the Performance Design unit.

Attachments

• 398574_10150435017834103_553679102_8518780_836486331_n.jpg
    398574_10150435017834103_553679102_8518780_836486331_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 899
  • photo23.jpg
    photo23.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 383
I checked out Performance a while back, but they don't make anything for the LS3. Your credit card is going to take a pounding if you do go this route:

Ready for this?

Are you sure?

Sitting down aren't you? You might want to lay down on the floor......

The retail price is $4,999

LOL Yeah I know, it’s completely ridiculous. And for $5k I could do a lot of other things that would be money better spent. My problem is I have this thing about having a "cool" looking engine bay though. The one on the Falcon looks amazing.

I think I would rather have a "cool" engine bay than one that "Looks cool".

On the other hand, I think I would rather have both :D

Hmmmm...I should have looked closer and I would have seen the Falcon emblem.:embarassed: Bummer on the exhaust, it looks great.

Thanks for the info Alex, I will keep looking.

Here are another two from a company called Ozmo. They both look shorter than the Performance Design unit.

Last I heard the ozmo carbon fiber ones kept cracking because they couldn't handle the expansion of the block after it heated up.

LOL Yeah I know, it’s completely ridiculous. And for $5k I could do a lot of other things that would be money better spent. My problem is I have this thing about having a "cool" looking engine bay though. The one on the Falcon looks amazing.

On the right engine they'll make a boat load more torque and power under the curve than any intake out there. Dyno results were like +40-60RWhp/tq. It's ~well~ worth the price tag.

Thats a bummer about the Ozmo, hopefully they figure that out. I like the single TB version, its simple and clean.

Fran, will the performance design intakes fit under the SLC bonnet?

Fran, will the performance design intakes fit under the SLC bonnet?

Yes - with the modifications listed above. I have a foam template for it, that's how i know it. Caleb would be more than happy to work with you on them as I know he'd really love to see on in an SLC.

Back