Fuel consumption

OK, so now petrol ( and diesel) have gone over $10 per gallon in the UK, who is going to claim the best fuel consumption figures for their GT40 ? Make sure you state clearly whether any figures you give are in US Gallons ( or liters ) so that we in Europe can compare with our Gallons and Litres. It will be interseting to see who is claiming to be economical, whether with fuel, or with the truth !

Malcolm

Supporter
Being sensible on the road possibly getting close to 20mpg (UK gal of 4.54 litres) but on track half that if not less! My local fuel is now £1.09 per liter!

My wife and I both have Mustangs (mine=2001 & hers=2004) with V-6s.

Hers is an automatic, and mine is a 5 speed. I have over 100K miles on the clock, and hers has about 50k miles. Both cars get an average of 26 MPG, and gas is $3.01 per gallon. With an empty tank yesterday, I cost $42.01 to fill the tank, and that will allow me to drive about 320+/- miles, depending on how fast I drive.

Is that 26 mpg in us gallons? A US Gallon is less at 3.785 litres
Gallon
Imperial liquid or dry measure, equal to 4.546 litres, and subdivided into four quarts or eight pints. The US gallon is equivalent to 3.785 litres.

If that is 26 MP(USG) then that would equate to 31.2 MP(UKG)

AS we have UK, US, AUS and European posters on the forum
we are going to have to be carefull here!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
On a recent longish trip I averaged 19 mpg -US gallons.

Price of fuel as of yesterday locally was $3.70/gallon.

When Roy's MK1 GTD went from Carb to Accel inj, consumption on a long road journey (steady throttle) improved from approx 14Mpg (3.07M/Litre) to approx 20Mpg (4.39M/Litre).

Now on track, on Motec - it averages about 6.5Mpg (1.43M/Litre) and if we talk Sprint / Drag / hill climb - I'd estimate about 2-3Mpg (0.45-0.67M/Litre).

(All Gall UK)

So what does your PolyGraph make of that Frank..?

My 26 MPG is based on the US Gallon. By the way, it is "Regular" grade fuel, not the mid or high test grade.

My Ranchero I recently bought gets about 8-10 MPG. It has a 312 Thunderbird engine with a Holley 4V, C4 auto, with 2.88:1 gears. Terrible mileage, but I could care less.

In the 11,500-odd miles I have done in my car (Holley 4160 - 750cfm), mostly on roads on medium length journeys, I have achieved 18.47mpg (UK).

Tony Hunt

-24 miles per US Gal
-crappy California gas
-70 Mach 1
-daily driven
-351-W 0.030 over
-stock block
-unported Iron Dart heads
-Super Victor intake
-9:1 compression ratio
-3:0 rear end
-Top loader 4 speed 1:1 4th
-3000 rpm at 70 mph
-Accel DFI sequential

24 miles per gallon

I'm expecting close to 30 mpg with the 5 speed

Leonard

Howard Jones

Supporter
Last track day; 4 sessions, 30 min each, 3.2 mile track, about 2.20 sec laps. 13 laps each, 175 miles total on the day, 12 gals in, dry on last lap. About 14 miles per gal. At aprox 70 miles per hour ave. lap speed

I can for sure go 220 miles @ 80mph on 12 gals, highway cruise. 18 ish.

I got 26 mpg (US) driving my NSX home at 80 MPH from Portland (about 600 miles). It gets about 20 mpg combined driving. Once I get my RCR with a big block chevy on the road I'll be missing that number by a long shot FOR SURE! :-(

<Kirk> Damn the fuel prices - full speed ahead!

On a side note - why didnt the Starship Enterprise carry extra dilithium crystals???
They always seemed to be runnng out of the damn things......

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Damn close to 30mpg in the fuel injecter Rover engined beast if done on a motorway at about 75 - 80

That is UK Gallons

Ian

In my red GTD (302, holley) I averaged 29mpg on a (very) gentle drive from my home to the exeter kit car show in 2005. No speeding, no overtaking, no excitement!
Simon

when I do a track day at goodwood - it costs me £250 in petrol round trip. How much is a trailer?

Back