Roll Bar location

PaulProe

Supporter
As I read & search threads in anticipation of my build, I am running across all kinds of suggestions, changes, and Mods. One that caught my eye was the one by Paul Thon and also Rick Merz. They relocated the rollbar from the cockpit to behind the firewall. As I studied this, I've learned
  • RCR originally supplied the 'street bar' located behind the firewall, in the engine compartment. It appears it moved to the cockpit sometime between 2010 and 2015.
  • For those who ordered a roll cage, it appears these were always in the cockpit.
Does anyone know the history of this? Was it for product standardization so the supports would be the same whether a street bar or a roll cage? Or other reasons why the change to moving the bar into the cockpit.

The design that Paul came up with is very attractive. Not an economical approach but very appealing.

Comments?

Paul

Paul T.

Supporter
As I read & search threads in anticipation of my build, I am running across all kinds of suggestions, changes, and Mods. One that caught my eye was the one by Paul Thon and also Rick Merz. They relocated the rollbar from the cockpit to behind the firewall. As I studied this, I've learned
  • RCR originally supplied the 'street bar' located behind the firewall, in the engine compartment. It appears it moved to the cockpit sometime between 2010 and 2015.
  • For those who ordered a roll cage, it appears these were always in the cockpit.
Does anyone know the history of this? Was it for product standardization so the supports would be the same whether a street bar or a roll cage? Or other reasons why the change to moving the bar into the cockpit.

The design that Paul came up with is very attractive. Not an economical approach but very appealing.

Comments?

Paul
I would also think it was for production standardization and for ease of attaching forward roll bars.

Back