fuel filler hose

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Can someone please confirm what the outside diameter is of the current Sparco filler pipe that is supplied with the car.

This is confusing as some guys are saying it's 2 1/4" and others are saying it's 2".

Ken - I don't know if these have changed over the years but I just measured the one that came with my SLC and it's 2-1/4".

Dave L

Sparco fitting is 2-1/4", the tank spud is 2", and the fill hose needs to be reduced for the fuel fill spud on the tank. Perhaps RCR has changed the tank spud, but mine was 2" diameter.

2 inch "Fuel Hose" from NAPA (OR ONE OF THE OTHER AUTO SUPPLIES) doesn't leak but gas vapors go thru it. Nothing like clothes smelling like fuel after a trip or high octane cookies. Will anyone guarantee their recommendation?

Tom,
Mine have been on the car for several years. There is no smell. I have a spare piece that you can see and feel. Now when I have it up on stands and tip the nose down there is a brief smell. I believe it is coming from the vents that I placed at the fuel fillers.The cure is to have the vents located down low. Fuel vapors are heavy and won't enter the car. If you would like to drop by and see mine you are welcome. I am in Snellville. Give me a call one night and we will set it up. 678-687-4611. I am installing a new ignition system and should have it complete in a week or so.

Bill

2 inch "Fuel Hose" from NAPA (OR ONE OF THE OTHER AUTO SUPPLIES) doesn't leak but gas vapors go thru it. Nothing like clothes smelling like fuel after a trip or high octane cookies. Will anyone guarantee their recommendation?

No problems with napa fuel filler hose on my cobra. Are you sure it isn't your vent line?

Alex's bendy hose from the uk worked for me. A littel bit of leadtime tho.
i had to adapt down from 2.25" or it may be metric 2.36" knowing sparco. But whats .11" anyway? I found alot of gas fumes until i stuck a C4 vette charcoal canister ($10 junkyard item) on the vent line. then my garage smellled much less like an Exxon station. The inspection guys thoughtnit was an EGR too, bonus!

No problems with napa fuel filler hose on my cobra. Are you sure it isn't your vent line?
Vent is outside the trunk above the rear end. I have been trying to seal the trunk for years. The only thing there is the battery and fuel inlet hose. I changed the hose from 1 piece to 2 pieces w/ steel between them but that isn't much better. The cookies were hard to eat, they still tasted good but...........

Back