Fuel hose fittings

Hi,

I believe I have -6 AN male fittings on my carb hose and filter kings. Is there an easy way of confirming this as I need to get some female ones of the right size to connect the fuel supply hose to them.

I confirm what Doc has indicated. AN hose sizes are in increments (ID) of 1/16 inch.
6/16ths = 3/8 inch.

Thanks Doc and Jack,

Glad I asked as the diameter of the male connector I have is 14mm which I make 9/16 . So does -6 JIC 9/16" UNF mean it fits a -6 hose one end with a 9/16 or -9 connector

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've never found a piece of braided hose (or fitting) that actually met that criteria even though that is what's published. The -6 hose I have is just almost 5/16" ID and a little over 1/2" OD.

And...I've never seen the odd numbered hose, only even numbered (-4,-6,-8, 10, ...)

I'm guessing you've got a -12 if the ID of the hardware (end fitting that is inserted into the hose) is 9/16" (the OD being close to 5/8" at the barb portion where nut/clamp screws over the hose. That is the measurement of all of my fittings. The -10 fittings I have are 1/2" and 9/16" respectively.

Last edited:
Thanks Doc and Jack,

Glad I asked as the diameter of the male connector I have is 14mm which I make 9/16 . So does -6 JIC 9/16" UNF mean it fits a -6 hose one end with a 9/16 or -9 connector

Nick,
these are the male ODs measured from the Aeroquip recognition chart, give or take a few thou!

# 4 7/16"
# 6 9/16"
# 8 3/4"
# 10 13/16"
# 12 1"

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for the help I am now fairly confident I need female fittings to go on # 6 9/16" male fittings.

Back