Fuel valves

I'm currently looking at installing electrically operated solenoid valves for the return lines to the tanks from the regulator.
In the past I used 2 Jaguar / Tecalmit valves but cant remember the part numbers.
I have 2 valves that are normally open, energised to close but these are wrong.

What I think I need is 2 valves normally closed and when energised will open. The valve will open when the pump is operating

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM OR SUPPLY PART NUMBERS

Cheers

Hi Keith,
Why not use a single Pollack valve, which will allow you to switch both feed and returns to the same tank. I have mine between the tanks and the LP pump and don’t anticipate any problems. They can be bought in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:country-region w:st=
<st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> from here:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><o:p><A href=
6 Port Pollak Valve - Pollak 6-Port Fuel Selector Valve - Fuel Tank Selector - Valves (All Types) - Bio Fuel Equipment - Oilybits.com - The U.K's Premier Bio Fuel Equipment Superstore</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Regards,
Andy<o:p></o:p>

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Be wary of the Pollack valves

I had one "go" on me and it drew fuel from the right tank and return to the left - overfilling the left tank and overflowing via the fuel cap.

I have another on the car to get it going but next time I have it down to Frank I'll get it changed to a more robust system.

If you read on the diesel engine forums / and chip fat conversions they are reporting lots of failures on the pollack and getting cross contamination of the two types of fuel

Ian

I'm currently looking at installing electrically operated solenoid valves for the return lines to the tanks from the regulator.
In the past I used 2 Jaguar / Tecalmit valves but cant remember the part numbers.
I have 2 valves that are normally open, energised to close but these are wrong.

What I think I need is 2 valves normally closed and when energised will open. The valve will open when the pump is operating

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM OR SUPPLY PART NUMBERS

Cheers

Hi Keith
SNG Barratt jag parts

fuel return valve LH part no CAC3939 £48.00 Inc vat

or Centre swap over valve part no CBC4269 £54.00 Inc vat

Andy

Hi Andy, CAC3939 is a number I have prefixed with 27 but not sure if that is the energise to close. I need energise to open.
I will ask a Jag spares dpt and see what they come up with also.
Not sure about the centre swop over valve, sounds good idea though.
These valves are push on hose and jubilee style clip as opposed
to -8 AN
Although the fuel return is low pressure.
Cheers

May need bigger flow solenoids as when engine is on idle there's still loads of fuel pumping and it's got to return back to the tank resistance free.

Big 12v high flow solenoid valves required any help ?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Keith

I wondered about that - yes I have heard the return must flow as much as the inlet but does it really need to? The pollack for example has smaller returns than inlets. 9 and 6mm spring to mind.

If you put your low pressure pump on a carb it would flow when required and flow very little when not required (At idle / on brakes etc)

If your return flows but not the full amount you may pressurise your swirl pot slightly but that is not the end of the world.

Your LP pump though must be able to at least match the max fuel you engine may request.

Perhaps I'm wrong but a good reasonable flow on the return should suffice

Ian

Back