G50 Trans Mods

Other than that i have a Quaiffe ATB Diff and a oil cooler setup installed. The oil is taken from the diffhousing and reenters at the endcap, so flowing through the whole gearbox. No spray bars installed.

TOM

I would be concerned that this might create a lower than desired oil level in the diff housing/R&P area when in use, the situation could arise under acceleration where the R&P area could literally be pumped dry & the lube all stacked up in the rear of the trans housing, a 'TEE' with hose to spray R&P would help if this occurs.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I would be concerned that this might create a lower than desired oil level in the diff housing/R&P area when in use, the situation could arise under acceleration where the R&P area could literally be pumped dry & the lube all stacked up in the rear of the trans housing, a 'TEE' with hose to spray R&P would help if this occurs.

Or simply, as I have done, have a raised scavenge port that will never pump oil below a predetermined level.

Woody,
Just got the measurements. Distance between output flanges 250.
CV is 10mm bolts on 94 PCD.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Or simply, as I have done, have a raised scavenge port that will never pump oil below a predetermined level.

Excellent idea! I'll be inserting a raised tube inside my scavenge fitting for that very purpose...

Russ
Cheers for the time you spent for me. The G50/01 is the same 250mm wide at the flanges 6 x M10 bolts on 94 PCD. I used Holden Comodore cv's. The bolt pattern's
the same the end cap even fits snug in the Porsche flange. The heavy duty one's
are from the 6 ltr SS. Has anyone else run these with any success.
The Raised scavenge port is a good Idea. I had thought of feeding back into the old drain plug, now on top of the trans, which is directly above the crown wheel.
But everone is talking of feeding into the rear cover. Whats the pro's and con's.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

This is what my plans are::
G50-03.jpg

Pulling the oil from the old breather port (now at the bottom) with a stand-pipe inside to minimize bringing in both sediment (should not be any) and also to ensure that I will be able to maintain a minimum level of oil in the transaxle.

Oil will go through -8 lines to the cooler first -
Oil is bring drawn through a Tilton 12v pump -
Oil is then pushed through a distribution manifold -
Individual -6 lines from the manifold to the 6 ports you see on the top of the transaxle.
1 to the Crown wheel and the remainder to the forward gears.

I'd like to figure in a reservoir in there as well but had not yet determined the correct circuitry.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Randy. I'll be pulling the engine and trans out soon and then stripping it for inspection and oiling plans. Thats if no replacement shows up first, I'm still thinking about a 930 and counting my pennies

Back