Gerry Evans

Hi all,

Just wanted to congratulate Gerry Evans on the completion of his RF (the very first in the UK)

We showed the car in its component form last year at Exeter and we are showing it this year fully built (resplendant in black) and ready to go.

Gerry has built this car in the evenings and weekends and has completed every part of it (including the paint) himself.

He has also been extremely kind and supportive of the RF effort in the UK - I knew he would be good news when he flew out to Australia for a day just to see the factory!

Thanks Gerry, from Robert and myself - you are a star and we wish you many miles of happiness in your car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif Top banana!

Rick

Rick,
That is really good news. Now there is a RF to be seen by those interested and also someone who can attest to what the RF kit is like to build.

Good Going Gerry!!! Now all we need are some very nice photos post so we all can see.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: Jerry Evans

I did of course mean Jerry!

There you go, the GT40S spelling bug has caught me too!

Rick

I just got back from Exeter and must congratulate Jerry on a great looking car. I know how hard it is to get bodywork straight enough for gloss black and Jerry pulled it off fantastically! Well done mate, thanks for your time today.

David

I agree - Jerry has done a terrific job. It is always difficult being the first in the country to build from a specific kit, not having anyone else to refer to and discuss problems with, although this forum is a big help in that respect. What Jerry has achieved is therefore especially commendable and sets a high standard for the rest of us to aim for. Many thanks to Jerry for showing us his car and letting me sit in it. I will however have to practice getting in and out of a GT40 elegantly before I do it again in public!

Chris

Back