Gran Turismo 4

I have already have my copy reserved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

50015601.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on these...since it may be the only way I'll ever be able to drive on....

ps2gt4s_21mm.jpg

This one looks like the one my dealership ordered...

ps2gt4s_3mm.jpg

Ron McCall

Supporter
Check this out! Look familliar?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 52565-561066_20050104_screen007.jpg
    52565-561066_20050104_screen007.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 303
Last August, at the Goodwood Track Day, a couple of guys from a software company came down from somewhere in the Midlands to take digital still photos of Gulf replicas - they said for a new game.
We asked for a credit when the game came out, also copies of at least some of their pics, but I heard nothing more and have since lost their e-mail address.
Could this be it?

difficult to say.
Poliphony Digital always insert Gt40 and Ford Gt in his Gran Turismo 4 serie and they also provide some dvd with the makeup of the game.
I suppose they have the opportunity to study the Safir they have in Japan, or probably an original.
In those dvd they organize BIG meetings for enthusiast car lovers and they mention always in the titles also all the names of the people also just not too much involved in development of the game.

I know they went to the Nurburgring 2 yrs ago...dunno if also in UK,be sure if they are those ones...they will gift u surely also more than a copy of the game:D

The Gulf one looks at all as Malcom's car:p:p

Paul

The makers of X BOX are soon to be comming out with a GT40 game as well. They came down to shoot all the angles on a GT40 road car built in 66. Belonged to one of the presidents of Ford back then. They will be using all the sounds that came fron that same car. Was at his house this weekend. Forgot my camera so don't have any pics, but since he lives within 30-40 miles, will be going back up soon to help him sort out some problems he was having with his webers. Will post some pics then.
Bill

I have it on pre-order. When it gets released, I will be one of the first to get it. I have had it on order since November.

Bill D

....there is also a guy nicknamed MadCoy from UK that is preparing a patch for the incredible simulation Grand Prix Legends featuring only Ford Gt40s.
If he finish the work (no money at all for his work..just a free download) we will have the most accurate and simulative experience in driving a gt40,cause the Papyrus GPL games remains at today the masterpiece in virtual driving simulation.
When i will know more i will tell u:))

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AWWWW this is great look at this.
For the first time Le Mans & Nurburgring!!!

Over 50 amazingly realistic tracks - featuring European, Asian and American locations, on and off road – Paris, Nurburgring, Cote D’Azur, Le Mans, Assisi, Capri, Laguna Seca, Yosemite, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, Infineon, Tsukuba, Suzuka, Fuji, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Tahiti and Swiss Alps just to name a few

Modify and race-tune your vehicles to develop the winning edge, now including Nitrous Oxide boost technology for the first time in Gran Turismo and visible changes to the car including new aerodynamics and wheels

B Spec ‘Director Mode’ - the RPG of racing games - set up your car and pass on instructions to your driver as you watch the race from a variety of camera viewpoints. Includes stunning timed pit-stops

MORE THAN 700 CARS!!!

i better pre-order it, but games almost never sell out over here!
I CANT WAIT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, i would have to say this is probably the GREATEST game of this century, but thats just my oppinion
For more 'bout it u can go to ps2.ign.com

Paul,
I can answer your question as to why. I read a magazine article some time ago about them filming the opening sequence. Apparently, they use the GT as a Good-gye car, which is being chased by other cars...

Brett

[ QUOTE ]
wonder why Playstation game GT4...features on its cover..the ford gt..

[/ QUOTE ]

The auto section of the local newspaper had a write up on GT4. Unfortunately I've thrown the newspaper out so I can't give details, but mention was made that the sole owner to the Gran Turismo empire is also a proud owner of a Ford GT. The question remaining now is which came first, the cover or the car?

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Check out these awesome game trailers. The best thing is they've finally got the sound correct.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=38

quite a bit of footage of the Ford GT in these clips

Game Intro HD (high speed connection only)

JP Game Intro

Gameplay 3 (trackside view of Ford GT, turn up the sound)

Gameplay 4 (in car view of same Ford GT you can hear the supercharger spooling)

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Go to the "Gameplay 4" video, put it on full screen and crank up the sound. The acceleration out of the tight corners right before the final straight, plus coming down the hill in the back section, feels like your going to crash. YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!!!!!!! Whoever taped these is a good driver.

It won't be long till VR is close to the real thing.

Got mine the other day, looks from the opening movie clip that they have Le Sarthe and P1075... I know what I will be doing this weekend after I work on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brett

If anyone doesn't have a PS2, then I reckon now is the time to buy one. I've just been up to HMV at Piccadilly Circus and I'm now the proud owner of a PS2 / GT4 package - they're doing a special deal at £114.98 for the pair.

Like Brett, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.....

Charles

Charles,
do you use two steering wheels (like momo) with this game? I am curious as I would get it for my tire changers.
that would be left hand drive here in Texas of course!
Tommy

Charles, buy the Logitech wheel, I am. I have played driving games for years and now with GT4 I am going to have to submit. Trom my brief experience with a Focus RS last night you'll need better control on the throttle for feathering andsteering input than the normal controller will give you... by the way smashing up a DB9 at the Carousel was fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brett

Back