Graziano questions

How do you plumb the throw out bearing on this gear box? And while I have you attention, what else needs to be plumbed on this box? I'm wanting to mate it to the coyote but I don't want to take it back apart if I forgot or didn't realize I needed to do something. All I can say is that this is a long way from a 4 speed toploader!!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Not sure if this helps but these boxes are in Aston Martins. Maybe give the folks at the AM dealer in Chicago a call and see what they can tell you?

Shouldn't have to do any plumbing for the throw out besides the fitting on the bottom of the trans-axle, a flex line from there going to the clutch hard line.

Attachments

• Graziano transaxle and details.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 348
You also have to plumb in the oil line. My understanding is these cannot be capped. You must at least run a line between the two, and most folks should probably have a cooler.

But all can/should be done after mating and install.

Is there a lockout mechanism for reverse on the Graziano? I have my shifter box installed and connected to the Graziano. No fluids in the clutch lines, which shouldn't matter. But when selecting first there's nothing to keep the shifter from going all the way to the left and into the reverse zone. Reverse is down, and 1st isn't accessible from that position. Is selecting 1st always going to require care and precision or is there a way to add a detent so it takes extra effort to get to reverse? I suspect that function is handled by the shift box itself. Previously I thought it was internal to the gearbox.

A.J.

In addition to the reverse lockout, in routing the cable to the Graziano, the most direct route seems to take it near the heads and exhaust manifold. A lot has been said about wrapping that cable to protect it from heat.

Is there a routing of the cable that avoids proximity to heads/manifolds?

In addition to the reverse lockout, in routing the cable to the Graziano, the most direct route seems to take it near the heads and exhaust manifold. A lot has been said about wrapping that cable to protect it from heat.

Is there a routing of the cable that avoids proximity to heads/manifolds?

my shift cables are about 3 finger-width from my long-tubes. I put them in a velcro DEI heat jacket and wrapped it with a layer of heat tape .... no issues after 5yrs.

Reverse lockout, if you need it, needs to be in the shifter.

I built a replacement shifter for our Lotus Evora that does not have one. It took a while to get used to it but now don't miss it.

My SLC is not on the road so jury is still out on a lock out for it.

If you need one, look at this post. That is the best - simple solution I have seen.

Back