Graziano Transaxle Installation

Low cost option: M12x1.5 - 1/8"NPT female adaptor and Russell: 1/8" NPT to -3 90 deg. Fitting: 642791

or

High cost option: Aeroflow makes an M12x 1.5 to 3AN banjo fitting combination. AF317-04, AF314-03

or

M12x1.5 to 3AN straight: Pegasus part # 3265-39.

Then use a 3AN to 3AN 90deg. On use a 3AN to hose 90 degree adaptor :)

Last edited:
I had assumed that one of the two electrical connectors would have been some kind of speed output. Does the Graziano not provide a speed signal?
Mike

The ISS/VSS sensor would be the signal used to calculate the speed....

On the cables, you would have to ask an Audi engineer to get the correct answer but I doubt it as the plastic ends are used on the Golf, Jetta, Beetle and they don't have an aluminum shift gate..

Fran,thanks again for the info. Does the Graziano box provide ISS and VSS? I do not understand the purpose of ISS in a manual box. Good info on the VW family of shifters.
Mike

Fran:

Can the material on the ass end of the transmission be removed?

:idea: If not then maybe ill put a sticker on it that says "Back off".

Attachments

• Graz trans_001.JPG
    Graz trans_001.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 428
Aron I asked the same question months ago and the answer was yes, according to Fran just spec sound noise reduction for audi I think he told me. I used a scraper being careful not to gouge the housing and cleaned it up with a die grinder using a wire brush, looks much better...m

Fran:

Any word on the mystery Graziano cable shifter part? I'm going to need that very soon. I'm planning to fire this bad boy up in a few weeks.

I am waiting on it as well Aron, in the mean time I was able to finish the exhaust and the fuel filler neck. I have relocated everything for clearance and am just waiting to see what happens with the cables ends and bracket for the cables........m

Dave I used ls-7 manifolds which I got with the cats/pipes they had like 100 miles on them. We cut the flange off and cut everything down to the cats. I then got 180 degree u-bends went from the manifold to flange to the u-bend to the cat to race mufflers bodies where 12'' overall 16'' the exhaust comes apart between the cat and muffler with the fancy weld on flanges then from the muffler to a stainless 4'' tip out the back. its tight but we where able after moving some things around to be able to remove it with ease. I had to move the grazziano support hiem arms for shifter clearance and it allowed enough room for the exhaust to fit nice I will try and post some pictures, I don't want to take over the thread...................m

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Here is a pdf to help you guys out.

Seems the cables supplied to us are too long by 1.5 inches. The supplier is working on a solution and it will be sorted in a couple of days.
Also the cable ends shipped are for an R8 but the wrong year so we will be getting the correct ones in after the holiday weekend...
These parts will be a bolt on requiring minimum work or modification

No cause for alarm guys....

Fran, any updates on the cables and ends?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Based on my internet searching, I think the correct part number for the ball cable end is Volkswagen 1J0711761A, but they seem to be hard to come by in the US.

Brandwood...the shifter manufacturer has decided that he will be supplying rods ends and a press in bushing that will mean the cables supplied will work just fine as will the replica Graz. bracket that we supply...

I will ask Dorothy to keep everyone up to speed.

I've been off line for about 3 months, but back at it now. For clutch fittings, I ordered the ATM-2277 + RUS-660793 from Summit (not cheap but done).

What is the oil used in the Graziano and any recommendations on clutch line fluid?

I am not planning to use a transmission cooler right away but it might be a good idea to monitor temperature to see if it is necessary. Suggestions on sending units to do this?

cheers,

Craig

Back