Great looking finished car

Looks like its from the UK some where.
interior looks very well done. Jurys still out on the rear air scoops, I was looking at doing something like that myself if I have heat problems but something sleeker not so bulky at the rear but than again can't really tell from these pic's but yes it is nice.

The car was built by the former RCR importer in Australia Craig White. The big scoops on the rear lid are the air intake for the custom filtration system. Get out your piggy banks if you want to replicate that level of quality because that car has serious money spent on it.

Get out your piggy banks if you want to replicate that level of quality because that car has serious money spent on it.

Yup dreams do cost, I could easily see spending in excess of 120k on a SLC building it the way I wanted. That would not even factor my time constructing, fabricating and machining time. Then tack in pulling favors from friends and having to repay them in kind. Ekkkkkkkkkkk I wonder if I should just take up knitting.

I can tell you that the owner of that car has well over 300k into it....but its stunning

The amount of effort that went into the detail drove the labour costs through the roof...obviously.
The rear scoops were required due to the raised engine issue, created when using the largest Albins seq. transaxle and the need to draw cool air into the airbox to feed the Katech built engine....

Awesome car none the less

With the exception of the seats being a darker red, that's basically my colour choice, though I'd probably have the barrel of the wheels the same colour red as the seats I'd have, maybe.

I love the vent on the rear clam but not so sure about the intake.

I can tell you that the owner of that car has well over 300k into it....but its stunning

The amount of effort that went into the detail drove the labour costs through the roof...obviously.
The rear scoops were required due to the raised engine issue, created when using the largest Albins seq. transaxle and the need to draw cool air into the airbox to feed the Katech built engine....

Awesome car none the less

Is that the same car though? From the last pics Craig sent me of that particular car, the exhaust, rims, transaxle and lights are different on this car.

Alex.

you are correct....its a different car...as this one looks like it has a Ricardo trans and the standard SLC Brembo calipers....good catch

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Any idea if those are the stock seats?

Except for the huge scoop I really like the rear clam design. Making the engine cover an integral part of the clam would make it much more rigid. Hmmm.....this gives me more ideas - excellent post Kyle!

Dave L

The seats are modified to pass the Australian ADR..

The new ones we have just done are similar but are double skinned ,but dont have an adjustable headrest

Any clue on whats on the logo?
Its maybe the same logo on the seats?

rcr1_0.JPG

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Hard to tell, but there appears to be a Manta Ray (or a ray of some sort) depicted on the hood badge. The glare from the overhead lights blurs the 'print' above it too badly to read that (on my monitor anyway).

Indeed they are..

I suppose I should be flattered and proud that people like the SLC enough to want to add their own name/brand to it.....:thumbsup:

Back