GREENHORN on the London Ring

Good evening all, may I say this forum looks a world of knowledge, full of savvy people. I’ve had a hankering for one of these for several years, kids are being pushed out the nest and Iam looking for something to get my teeth into. V8 motors is a small addiction diesel or petrol. So I’ve been reading some posts looking at some cars and thinking what’s going to be the car for me. Going to read listen and take my time before I jump. Being motor mad the engine transmission may be my best starting point.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Nick. There is a wealth of information on here. The UK boys will chime in soon. Sounds like they have some great clubs on that side of the pond from I read.

Regards Brian

Shaun

Supporter
I didn't wait till my kids left home, mind you they never bloody seem to these days, got for it Nick, I am halfway (maybe being optimistic) through my Southern GT build and would not have done it any other way for the world, great team on here when you get stuck or a bit despondent (my box is probably going to have to come out as it has an oil leak but hey ho) and plenty of good advice and opinions, where are you based?

I didn't wait till my kids left home, mind you they never bloody seem to these days, got for it Nick, I am halfway (maybe being optimistic) through my Southern GT build and would not have done it any other way for the world, great team on here when you get stuck or a bit despondent (my box is probably going to have to come out as it has an oil leak but hey ho) and plenty of good advice and opinions, where are you based?
Welcome to GT40s.com Nick!
Thank you, I am based 50m from the M25 carriageway at Waltham Abbey. Junction 26 truck park. Iam going to look at a few builds, some SPFs and ask some questions before I jump. I like the idea of something 75% not finished. When I see the right car I will know.

Back