Greeting from Canada, eh!

Hey all.
I'm a young guy (22) from Canada, studying International Business.
I don't have a GT40, yet.. but love reading up, and watching the build process. You guys are all so inspirational.
Thanks in advance for the learning opportunity, and of course, keep up the great work!
Jake

Welcome aboard. You might not be too far from Chris Martino in Canado. He is the North American rep for MDA (England). He has one of the most beautiful GT40's ever. If not too far, maybe you can go see his car.

Cheers
Bill

Jake,

Welcome aboard too.

You will be surprised at how many members grew up watching the racing taking place in the 60's and 70's, including the GT40s. It is that inspiration that takes hold of a person that draws that person to want to think back in the day, kind of remembering the "good old days".

With the movement towards resurrecting the GT40, many replica manufacturers have developed the cars you see on this web site. Depending on a persons finacnce situation, a GT40 can be had for a reasonable amount, but everyone has their own views on what they want in a GT40.

Take some time to view some of the builds in progress. I think you will find this web site has some very talented craftsman, which when the time is right for you, will offer information and advise upon your request for assistance.

As Bill D said, you should track down some people in your area and have a look at a GT40 in person. That will definately hook you if the hook has not already been set.

Cheers,

oooh yeah... "the Hook" is definitely set.
although I just found this forum, I've been spending an average of probably 20 hours a week reading forums, magazines, books... etc (I don't watch much tv)
I know of a guy here in Kitchener building and FFR Coupe, and my Father built a FFR Mk 1 roadster back in '98, so I've got a bit of exposure to building cars. I should, and will definitely track down some "local" GT40s though.
Thanks for the warm welcomes.
Jake

Hi Greg,

I'm located in Newcastle, east of Oshawa so if you're ever in the area or want to have a look just let me know, more than welcome.

Ian Clark at CAV Motorsports is a great guy with a wealth of GT40 experience and is located in Burlington - might be a closer contact for you.

Chris

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Jake,

Welcome aboard, the GT40s Forum is one of the best forums on the web. Please give me a call if you'd like to visit our facilities. I've gotten used to the jaw dropping that goes on here but it's always fun to meet new GT40 enthusiasts.

Cheers

Back