Greetings from California!

I have been a frequent viewer of this web site for years as I plan on making an investment in a GT40 (mkI or mkII) or T70mk3b within the next couple of short years from RCR. I can't imagine going with a different manufacturer. This is my first post, so hello everyone and Happy New Year.

I am the owner of a Cobra replica I am continuing to tinker with and recently got a garage find 1964 T34 VW Karmann Ghia running for my wife to tootle around town with that I bought for our anniversary two years ago. I kept it completely stock. I live in Fontana about 4 miles away from the Californa Speedway.

I will build my next car slowly on a budget and wish to start investing in engine components to build my first engine now. It is something I always have regreated not doing myself as I have done everything else. Hence my first introductory post. This car will be built for touring and two to three race events per year (something again I have not done).

Oh and lastly, inclined driveway from the street to my home, not huge but there! I would have to measure the incline for a degree but I would definitely be concerned about the certain cars taking it on and then pouring money into an air lift only forgetting to use it then POW right into the cement or asphalt.

At either rate hello to everyone.

Welcome to the forum Allen, have fun!
If in doubt, get a lift system for the front end. You won't forget to use it!
Carefully measured my drive for the SL-C and I can make it at just less than 9 degrees. Very carefully though, approaching at a good angle.

Determine the angle for the car you get first! Simple measurements.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Allen, and Happy New Year! Feel free to contact me anytime, I am in Redlands so we can certainly get together easy enough. Test my car up your driveway for example.

Tim

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Allen

Rather than rely on lifts for the front of your car the other solution is just what I needed and installed for my place.

I installed a couple of 10mm thick 1200mm wide steel plates across the gutter from my driveway onto the road.

This levels out the drop into the gutter when both entering and leaving our property and prevents any damage to my 40.

Even my Toyota workvan with a bullbar used to bottom out when crossing the gutter but with the plates no longer a problem.

Dimi.

Back