GSM Dart

GSM Dart with Cape Town's Table Mountain in the background

Attachments

• 28480-D1000013.jpg
    28480-D1000013.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 544
I`m from South Africa and have a Flamingo. Thats the Darts hardtop brother.Car is still in Port Elizabeth undergoing a restoration.When completed both it and my Tvr Grantura Will be jioning us in Canada and raced in historics.Both Dart and Flamingo had lotus type roadholding with the Flamingo having cantilever type front suspension. Like 10yrs ahead of F1!What motor does your Dart have? Jim Price has the licence from Bob van Niekerk to reproduce these great little cars and was fairly far down the road when he put it on hold.Pity, because he always does such a great job.
Saw one at Mosport in 2006.Belongs to Jamie from Aurora transmission. tel 9057263736.If you are in Ontario I would like to see your car.
Ross

Thanks for the reply Ross unfortunately I'm in BC . I'm also from SA many years ago and owned a Dart in 1962 so this a nostalgic project , the car is in very sad condition and I am now rebuilding the chassis , the engine was originally a Ford 1500 as far as I can tell but I am going to install an Alfa1750 as some of them came with Alfa 1300s. I have contacted the GSM Club in SA but only get sporadic replies so I am searching for all the info I can get. I would really like to find someone in SA who would help me with this project.
Ron Milton

Back