GT-R

More specifically ( as I think the chassis is going to be fairly similar to SLC) any shots of the cockpit? I've been around SLC's at the track and a few GT40s. How will interior space compare? One piece drop in is X" wider than, or shoulder width is X"+ over. Keep us motivated. Piggy Bank has been started :D

Pictures are always BONUS

Busy busy....put it this way...we can easily accommodate a very tall and wide driver and passenger.
The cockpit is MASSIVE compared to both the GT40 and the SLC...in width length and height...
The fuel tank is centrally mounted similarly to the GT.....

Better get that savings account rockin....tons of interest in the car with the GT prices rising...maybe I will jump on the bandwagon..$$$$$....lol

While there will be some similarity to the SLC there is also plenty with the OEM GT , 360/430 too....just no castings...

There is no pushrod suspension at either end of the car ...

Boredom is a terrible thing. When I get bored my mind starts going places and I hit Photoshop. This would be my GTR. Old English White........much like meself :)

GTReditWHEELScopy_zps092a9230.jpg

Boredom is terrible. I've spent more time researching the Coyote/Modular/Triton engine than I ever cared to do. Still not completely convinced its without drawbacks in this application. I know what an Al Windsor can do and unlike the LSx motors, Haven't seen a large aftermarket "crate" build from scratch for the Coyote's yet. They all seem to be more scaled to modifying your current engine. I know that $$$ can solve anything and though my build might get silly, its not an open checkbook build either.

Or just go with a nice high winding Aluminator XS that might not be a terror, but should line up rpm wise nicely to the Audi box.

I'll take my GT-R in polished carbon, with white stripes and gumballs. Engine would be the Aluminator connected to a Porsche box.

Yup. I've been bored between classes.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
With the increased width Fran will the Corvette accessory drive work on the front of the LS motor in the GT-R? (high mounted alternator)

I have never used a stock Corvette front dress , I don't have one here either so I cant tell you I am afraid.

If you can send me some pictures and dimensions I will let you know

Ugh as much as the LS platform makes sense in my head, I just can't put a Chevy in a Ford styled body. My heart just won't let me, but then again I'm a Ford/Porsche guy so I'm biased.

How much head room does the body allow? Trying to figure out how to ask for a measurement as I'm still waffling about engine choice. Aluminum Windsor with Webers/ITB or boring Coyote with blower? Do you have any mocked up with an engine sitting in her? I could use a Chevy as something to measure from since regretfully I have LS based cars in garage LOL if must.

I'm looking for maybe a crank centerline to inside of cover measurement. WHEN you have a chance to breath.....not worried about you eating or sleeping, Fran. I know one way to do this (and likely more intelligently) is just get the darn car ordered and then measure once in shop. Hehe, but that would kill all the internet shopping for a power plant.

Trying to come up with a good Ford combo that would also be complimentary to the Graziano transaxle you are supplying. Or do I just stick an Aluminum 427W in front of a 930 and call it a day!

Thanks as always for your time.

Its simple....
its the same size engine bay at a Ford GT..duh....so a 5.4 modular monster with superdooper charger fits just fine.....and if that bloody great big thing fits, just about anything short of a Spitfire Merlin will fit.:thumbsup:

FYI the Graziano is the same length as a Ricardo trans ..so again a no brainer really.

The increased width is on the body as its a full 2m wide per Le Mans specs.
The chassis is the same width as the Ford GT.
Our central fuel tunnel is wider than the GT for more volume as that was a major complaint with the road car..

At first, 2m sounds wide and it is.......but I parked my GT2 between a GT and a Testerossa at this weekends car show. "Top Gear" always makes fun of the GT's width to the point you'd think its the widest sports car ever. Not only does the Testerossa's rear look wider, it is the widest of all three. Also measuring a full 2 meters in width.

Just thought I'd throw out that odd observation from this weekend. Settled my nerves a little about driving it in daily traffic. Not that it was going to stop me anyhow.

Back