GT-R

The white car is a very special car...unveiled by Ford in 1995 and is one of one, and this is THE one...anyone have any ideas?
Holy smokes, Fran. Would you believe that a buddy and I were just discussing the GT90 recently, and for a split second, it crossed my mind that that's what it was? So cool to have that at the shop!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Matt,
we always have a lot more going on around here than most people realize...and we do more than just our own products as you can see.

Its a cool car but typical show car in some respects.

Matt,
we always have a lot more going on around here than most people realize...and we do more than just our own products as you can see.

Its a cool car but typical show car in some respects.
Absolutely Fran! That's something that I got to see firsthand last summer during my visit with a customer's take on the Venom GT. You simply don't see this kind of stuff with the other guys…

Randy,
we are repairing the original GT90 but no plans at all to recreate it.
Its interesting to have a look under the skin and see what the XJ220 chassis and suspension is all about , as that's the donor car for the GT90.

Interestingly I think that Pagani got a ton of his interior and detail ideas from this car as its preceded the Zonda by quite a few years and its almost a doppelganger.

Never knew the XJ220 was the donor for the GT90! Thanks for that!

As for the GT-R, it's stunning! Would love one!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Never knew the XJ220 was the donor for the GT90! Thanks for that!

As for the GT-R, it's stunning! Would love one!

I was not aware of the GT90 heritage coming from Jag either... Wonder of wonders.. The XJ220 was a work of art in itself!

Holy Moley. Really nice body right out of the moulds. Like the chassis, like the styling. Should sell a bunch of these. Especially to guys that are taller than Fran, Jackie Stewart (and myself) :) Too bad there are no Ricardos left as a Coyote would be the perfect engine in this beauty.

I wonder if one is able to get the GT-R without the lip in the back end. Just not a big fan. I think I would also change out the side scoop as well...make it more elongated. More like a supercar. IMHO it looks too retro and too similar to RCR40.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I wonder if one is able to get the GT-R without the lip in the back end. Just not a big fan. I think I would also change out the side scoop as well...make it more elongated. More like a supercar. IMHO it looks too retro and too similar to RCR40.

While you're wondering...
Have you ever wondered why cars can be purchased in so many colors?
Have you ever wondered why cars embody so many design concepts?
Because there are diferent tastes - that's why.
This car is not an SL-C nor an Apex - both cars appealing to different market segments than the GT-R.

Perhaps you need to just do a google image search on Super Car and when you find the shape / look that you like - jump on it...

Or

Buy something that is close and make those changes yourself...

Good luck George. Don't muck up this thread - go to the "RCRs Next Car should be..." thread...
Make your suggestions there.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-slc-p4-mkiv/22481-rcrs-next-car-should.html

By lip, do you mean the rear flares? If so, you can't get it without them. They're part of the body and 100% functional to cover wider tires. As for the side scoop, I must disagree with you there as I think the FGT is one of the most timeless supercars ever, but we're all entitled to our opinions. As Fran will tell you, you can take it any direction you want after purchase (flares or scoop mods) but it's on you.

In case you haven't gone too deep into this thread, this is a form of replica of the Robertson Racing ALMS GT car that won a podium at LeMans. This is a seriously functional race car. It can be registered for the street though ride height and splitter might make that a bit of a challenge even with the lift kit.
Car_40_GT2_D.Murry_D.Robertson_A.Robertson_Doran_Ford_GT_R_Robertson_Racing_2A4366.jpg

OK, so I could use a GT-R fix for the day. Just a few thoughts/questions..

>How many cars have been sold or are in progress to date? From the thread, it sounds like at least three.

>Is there a recommended engine/transaxle package? I would love a blown 5.4 w a Ricardo, but its seems like those are getting hard to find at any price.

>So the lift kit would be needed to make it streetable, but will that be enough? Is there any other way to help with the ground clearance? Florida is pretty flat, accept for the occasional speed bump.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Nine builds in progress....

V8 drivetrain using Ford or Chevy with no restriction on transaxle

Left kit is sufficient....(but floridians may need a right too )

Roll cages in progress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Ehhhh ground clearance is just a perspective. This has lapped a good portion of the country and barring some really slow RR tracks and a keen eye for anything sticking up it makes it down the road. Of course, I don't live near any speed bumps or am willing to drive around any I come across. LOL It also helps to stay with a flexible splitter....no CF on street.

Attachments

• ground clearance 20150413_184703_resized.jpg
    ground clearance 20150413_184703_resized.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 537
  • ground clearance 20150413_184849_resized.jpg
    ground clearance 20150413_184849_resized.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 399
Just how much ground-clearance does the GT-R typically have under the splitter? Looks to be perhaps 2" at most?

Fran (or anyone who knows),

Any possibility to get a couple pics of the back of the GTR?

Also any chassis differences or interior differences in the GTR vs the MK-IV? Is there a deluxe kit option for the GTR, I'm not seeing the GTR even offered on the RCR website? Any differences in the two kits?

I know some of my questions may seem really dumb, however I'm super new to this. Sorry if I offend anyone. Thanks for all your help.

--George

Fran (or anyone who knows),

Any possibility to get a couple pics of the back of the GTR?

Also any chassis differences or interior differences in the GTR vs the MK-IV? Is there a deluxe kit option for the GTR, I'm not seeing the GTR even offered on the RCR website? Any differences in the two kits?

I know some of my questions may seem really dumb, however I'm super new to this. Sorry if I offend anyone. Thanks for all your help.

--George

Here's one picture of the rear, sort of. More pics are in process, which is why the car isn't on the website yet.

photo%202a_zpstdram9li.jpg

The chassis are entirely different between any of the GT40s, including the MKIV, and the new GTR. The GTR most closely resembles the SLC, though the GTR chassis and the SLC chassis share only architecture.

The GTR has oodles more interior room than any of the original GT40 series cars, and even the SLC, as the GTR is significantly wider than any of them.

Call the factory to get more details like pricing, options, etc.

Back