GT40 at Targa Tasmania

It Seems an RF GT40 is running at the apple isle event May 13-18, 2003. Brendan Manion is competing in team/car # 40 with Benjamin Manion as navigator.

Des

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Des ]
Targa Tas

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Des ]

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Des,

You are correct, Brendon and his son Ben are competing in Targa this year in one of my cars. They are not in the full "Race" as they did not want to "cut the car up" to fit full cages etc. to their car.

Brendon and Ben are natives of Tasmania and are hoping to compete in the full race next year in a specially built Roaring Forties GT40 but have opted for the "Touring" event this year to check out everything. I think that the people in charge of the Targa have come up with a great concept with the Touring event in that competitors compete at lower speeds over 40 + of the 50+ stages of the main race.

The car is Roaring Forties colours (dark blue / silver / orange stripes ) as used by the Gulf Mclaren of 1995 and Gulf Porsche spider of 1994 at Le Mans. Brendon's car has 480 hp, 385 ft.lbs of torque, AP Racing brakes, Koni shockers, an automatic torque biasing Limmited Slip Differential and has done a staggering 62 second lap at our local track (Calder Park) with the Air Conditioning ON. The car is quiet rapid but is very much limited for safety reasons.

If there is anyone from this forum there please make yourself known to either Brendon or Ben or even Chris Menzie (my top mechanic at RF) as he is keeping an eye on proceedings.

Best wishes,

Robert

Was just wondering the outcome of the GT40 running at Targa. How did they fair on the track and if any problems they encounted. I understand they weren't running for outright position. What was the reception the car recieved? Any info you could provide Robert?

Back