GT40 Australia #103

More progress. Got the head lights and indicator lights mounted and plexi glass drilled and nutserted, What a job. Not much progress today.

Starting to look like a car.

Attachments

• IMG_1913 (2).jpg
    IMG_1913 (2).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 383
More progress.

Trying to do several jobs at the same time to improve production.
Cut holes in the dash for the gauges, just waiting for switches and indicator lights.
Fitted up front suspension, waiting for correct springs to turn up.
Fitted fuel caps and spacers just need to connect hose to tanks.
Re-threaded steering rack ends and fitted.

Attachments

• IMG_1970 (2).jpg
    IMG_1970 (2).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1967 (2).jpg
    IMG_1967 (2).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 408
Hi Dave
Car looks great. I have loved the black and gold colours since seeing the
B & H F5000's as a kid. I have DRB 89. I never thought about asking for a different colour gelcoat definatly looks cool. I have purchased the same tail lights your car came with. What type of bracket does the factory use, any chance of a photo.
Cheers
Woody

Hi Pete
I did not use the DRB bracket. What I did was cut a hole about 5mm smaller than the outside diameter of the light lense. I then got longer screws and sandwiched the fibreglass panel bewteen rear bucket of the light and the lense.

Attachments

• IMG_1973 (2).jpg
    IMG_1973 (2).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 302

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Great idea with the painted wheels Davo.
Those rear clip "Le Mans" vent panels sure look the part --much better than all those others that I've seen

Thanks Chris
More pics.....Still have not decided on RHS shift or Centre shift...I want RHS....what to do???

Attachments

• IMG_1971 (2).jpg
    IMG_1971 (2).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1979.jpg
    IMG_1979.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1957 (2).jpg
    IMG_1957 (2).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 338
Another update. Front end is coming along nicely.

Got wipers sorted and done. Had to use little rodends as I could not get bushes for the old commodore wiper link, turned out better in the end.

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 324
Dave, you are building better with each car. Looking fantastic.
On the gearshift, if you are going authentic (I see your inside door handles, knock-off wheels, etc.) then it is RH shift. But for ease of entry, and having a handy centre armrest at similar height to the sills, with a gear knob at the end of it, I think the centre gear lever location works better, with the handbrake down on the right as typical DRB.
My 2c worth.

Dalton you're right. When I think about it as much as I want it on the right, centre is the go. Found a 200kw roller windsor motor so will be slapping that in soon hopefully.

350 pounds front and 450 rear, I'm not sure what DRB recommend but we have used thiscombo on a few DRB's now and it seems like a good start. Plenty firm but not to much.

Thanks for your imput Dave.
I wondered if mine was a bit light, Peter Ransom of DRB recomended 250 /400. Bugger:shrug:

400 on the rear is still ok but 250 upfront seems a bit soft. I like my cars stiff but not spine breaking.

My advice would be to get the car going with what you have, then decide after you have chucked the car into a few corners.

Back