GT40&GT70 Specs

G'day all from down under,

This is my first post so here goes,
I thought this might be of interest to you all as these specs are from an official ford site here in Australia. The address is as follows www.fordperformancevehicles.com.au and look for the words "The Heritage"
There is other info on other select cars including the mustang and cobra.
I have been reading this forum about a month now and have to say it is a very informative site. Have learnt a lot from it as I was not round when the GT40 won LeMan's (am only 30)
A credit to all involved on this site

smile.gif

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: GapLapper ]

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: GapLapper ]

G

Hello Gaplapper,
I wish i was only thirty years old again !!
I was at Le Mans in 1969 when GT40 last one and 1970 when Porsche finally succeeded.
Sadly looking back can often do you no good because things have changed so much and Le Mans now is so different and has lost the BUZZ that it used to have.
I too think this site is brilliant and it is your kind and imformative imput that keeps it so good.
Good on yer mate,
GTA.

GTA,
Thanks for your kind words, if it wasn't for this forum I would have never learnt anything about this glorious motor vechile. I knew of them but nothing about them. My girlfriend was always getting on my case for spending so much time on the computer looking through all the information on this site. I started from the beginning of it and read all the postings up til present day. It has taken me about 4 weeks spending hours at a time reading it all. Without you guys, I wouldn't know a darn thing. Am still trying to absorb it all. One day I aspire to have one in my garage. Looks to be just a dream at this stage unless I win the lotto (here's hoping)

Back