GT40 in glass

Hi Pete,

here in Germany are LED base plates available. They are made of black plastic and have a number of 8 LED's in the middle, you can choose between white, blue or red coloured LED's. They work with a small trafo and cost something around EUR 30.00 to EUR 40.00.
Measure of the base plates is smaller than the crystal, but that's no problem - the crystal is heavy enough to hold itself in place - and if you dont trust you could build a bigger wodden plate around.

To see most details, I prefer the white LED's - but the crystal looks also very nice when lightened in red.

Cheers,
Volker

Hi John rec'd my crystal here in Canada yesterday. What a great piece of art. The detail is phenomonal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif That's with out using a light source. If any one has any pics they can post to show their lighting it would be great to see.
Do the lights come in gulf colours? hehehe
Boy these are heavy too.
So what's next John??

John,just found my crystal waiting for me... and one very confused postman! To reitterate what the others on the forum have allready said,an absolutely wonderful piece! Thank you for your time and effort. Jools.

Great guys!
I'm glad everyone likes them.
The next "car" will be a Cobra. I do think it'll be slightly smaller next time. 3.5 pounds of glass is alot. My shelf will come down if I am able to do all my favorites.
I just need time to get everything together. If anyone has cad files of other cars let me know or where I can purchase them and I will try to do those also.
Thanks again and hope you all enjoy
John

Funny you should ask, I have just 2 left. The price in the US is $75.00. Most everywhere else seems to have been $91.00 or $92.00. Of coures this includes the shipping.
Talk to you soon,
John

You guys should all have e-mail!! As I said from the start I was only going to have these run once so I can now say they are all gone- Even MINE!
John

Mine's sitting right here on my desk. It's a gorgeous piece but you really have to pick it up and inspect it to really appreciate it. I think I'll build a little wooden box for, line the interior with black foam, and light the crystal from beneath with colored LEDs and a diffuser. If/when I get around to building it I'll post a picture.

John

Received the package today. That is one awesome piece of work. Just out of curiosity how did you do it.
It appears to float in a crystal block. The level of
detail is unbelievable. Nice work to a great craftsman

Lloyd

Thanks and I'm glad you like it.
As far as how? well, I'll never tell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back