GT40 replica prices

Shaun

Supporter
Best part of £100k sterling and you still get sink waste pipe as what look like air vents !!! Other than that it looks quite tidy but really there must have been a better solution ;)

1557404749175.png

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I used a piece of 3 inch ABS sewer pipe to angle my speedo on a home made dash. fit nice over the gauge, 3 3/8 OD. As Jimmy Mac said !!!

Resurrecting this thread, I know of one dealer in the UK who has just had to accept an offer of just over £50K on a car originally advertised at £80K. It seems just nobody is buying. If you don’t need to sell your car in the UK, it seems waiting is the best solution.

Resurrecting this thread, I know of one dealer in the UK who has just had to accept an offer of just over £50K on a car originally advertised at £80K. It seems just nobody is buying. If you don’t need to sell your car in the UK, it seems waiting is the best solution.

The point is I’m not sure I’ve seen a car priced by a dealer recently worth anywhere close to the asking price, price it correctly (which they ended up doing by accepting the offer) and it will sell.
If a car is good enough to warrant an £80k valuation then it will sell for £80k, IMO not many old GTD’s or KVA’s fall into that category, and dealers are just trying theur luck at the expense of buyers...

Good point. Now matter how good a 20 yr old GTD is, it’s not going to command (or at lease be worth) anywhere as much as a freshly completed SGT.

Improvements made to the chassis, ride and handling over the past two decades, IVA compatible builds (at least in the UK) have improved the build quality in general and problems that the early replicas had have been addressed (dropped floors, cockpit width, pedal positioning)
Most of these issue can be addressed in the older cars, but cars like the SGT can be built to a far higher quality straight off the shelf.
This is all just my opinion ( having owned 11 GT40 replicas over the last 22 years) but the quality of the SGT offering seems to be trumpeted by all the builders.
I’m UK based so have no knowledge nor experience of other builders elsewhere, this applies (I guess) just to UK cars.
Simon

Simple because they are not classic Ferrari’s in limited supply and appreciating with age!

Mostly they are home built cars of wildly varying quality and and engineering design which are ultimately superseded by better engineered and newer versions and are in relatively ready supply, not to mention none of which are particularly close to the real deal for less than £100k.

Possibly harsh but true...

Back