GT40 replicas in northeast USA

I hope to get out to look at some GT40 replicas over the next couple months before I finalize my purchase decision, hopefully late this summer. Brian McCarthy and Bill Bayard have been kind enough to offer me a look at their cars (GTD and GT40 Australia, respectively), but I would like to add an RF to that list as well as any other available GT40s. Ideally, I’d like to be able to compare examples side by side, but unfortunately we don’t seem to have events as frequently as our friends overseas. I’ve been meaning to meet Gordon Levy but haven’t found reason to get to Arizona lately, as much as I’d like to.

So, my question is, are there any RF40s being built or driven in the northeast US whose owners would tolerate my having a look? Better yet, are there any planned get-togethers for GT40 replicas? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Mark

I am interested in looking at a different examples also and I live in VA. I am going to the Shelby Convention in CA in July (SAAC 27) and will look at what is there. I also hope to locate owner/companies in the LA area to have a look.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
There is the Kit Car Nationals at Carlisle, PA the weekend of May,17-19. ERA and RF had cars there last year. I may have a KVA there also you could look at. A really good show, with lots of cars and vendors.

Mark, The closest car to you is in Louisville KY. It is the demo car that I have been driving for a while. There is also a deluxe kit that will be in MD in a couple of months. Please e-mail me if you want to visit one of these people.

I HAVE AN ERA GT-40 IN VIENNA, VIRGINIA; JUST OFF OF RT 66 OUTSIDE THE CAPTIAL BELTWAY. (RT 495).

CONTACT ME AND WE CAN GO FOR A RUN,

BLACKJACK

AKA JACK MOGUS RES: 703-723-7276

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Mark, Mike at Delaware Plumbing Supply in Wilmington DE has a nice ERA car factory built he would probably show you, if he still owns it. Little Mike, not big Mike.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Mark,

You are welcome to come down and see my RF in progress anytime you are in NC. I know it isn't the NE, but if you have business in NC I'm located 8 miles outside of Raleigh, an easy airport to get to.

Jay Thompson, see further down in "I took the plunge" ordered an RF and it will be headed to the Maryland area pretty soon. Maybe not too far from you.

I think RF's demo car was just sold and there isn't enough time to get another over, therefore they're probably out for the PA event.

Drop me an email anytime. Good luck looking at 40s and report back your findings.

Ron

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp - Admin- ]

I spoke to Bob Lacey and he supposedly will be at Carlisle. I am assuming a CAV will be there as well.

G

ERA is close enough for a day trip to New Britain Ct. about 20 minutes outside Hartford You can get a close look at several GT40 in various stages. Beware 2year wait list for an era gt40

LLoyd

HRE on Long Island NY should have a new CAV stainless steel (semi) mono now or soon. Well worth a look. Chip in Atlanta

G

Mark

ERA always has one or two cars at the
Carlisle show (May 17,18,19).
I was hoping RF and CAV would also appear
this year, but after seeing Gordon's response
I assume RF will not be back. Don't know
about CAV.

I was also hoping John Hester would have his
demo there, but I don't think he's ready.

FYI Ford will have the new GT40 at Fords at Carlisle on June 1 only.

MikeD

Chip,
I was at HRE a few weeks ago and they had a mono CAV there. I think it may have been shipped out by now.

Nostalgia Motors in Rock Hill, SC ( Just southof Charlotte, NC) will be previewing their CAV mono next weekend if they can get it out of customs in Charleston, SC. Otherwise it will be avaiable to see soon. It is also scheduled at their Track Day in Camden, SC June 1 & 2. I know that's not the NE, but FYI. Otherwise contact HRE to see when their next one is due. cb

Thanks for the replys, guys.
smile.gif

Regards,
Mark

FYI ALL: Nostalgia MOTORCARS (?) (RocK Hill,SC) has JUST received their 1st CAV mono GT40 and will be showing it next Sat and june 1 & 2 at their track event. cb

Mark, when our kit arrives you are very welcome to come and take a look. We are just outside of Washington, DC off I-495. And if in the meantime you have any questions please feel free to conatact me.

G

I have just been looking at pictures of the new American GT monocoque chassis and uprights. When you see this you will be impressed. George Cochran has done some real nice work on these. From what I hear, the John Hester will be offering a price that is going to be VERY right as well! - Lynn

Back