GT40 Steering Wheel Emblem...

Gents, Andrew is correct, the Motolita is similar, but not an original wheel. I've got the original wheel from Mike Salmon's 1026 and, I'm affraid, just bought the last of Fran's bosses as I'm an impatient sort of chap, otherwise I would have waited for Andrew's offering... Regards t'other Andrew

Gents, Andrew is correct, the Motolita is similar, but not an original wheel. I've got the original wheel from Mike Salmon's 1026 and, I'm affraid, just bought the last of Fran's bosses as I'm an impatient sort of chap, otherwise I would have waited for Andrew's offering... Regards t'other Andrew

Other Andrew,

Would you mind posting photos of your wheel and wheel center here please?

BTW I'm thinking of getting an original-spec wheel and boss myself--even though I'm years away from having an actual GT40, I want to make vroom vroom noises too! :laugh:

Charlie where are you with the steering wheel emblem? Do you have stock and a price. Please send me pictures if you can. Thanks.

This might be of interest if you are looking for an original reproduction: Wall Photos | Facebook

They they are just doing the CAD work and someone else is doing the final production but you could probably ask them and find out.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Richard,

At present i'm finding it hard to get a sensible tooling cost.
They want several thousand dollars upfront.
I have a few other avenues i am pursuing.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Mike,

Yes, that is a route i have been down.
Unfortunately it isn't the solution. The process can only make part of it.
I'm seeing someone end of next week, fingers crossed.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Gentlemen,

How many of you would express a serious interest in the emblem if i can get them remanufactured correctly ?
Please don't expect a small ( costly ) production run to turn out at $ 2 - $300
a piece though.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Still available. 80 currently in stock.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• P1030700.jpg
    P1030700.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 481
Andy--to clarify, yours consist of a colored sticker affixed to a machined center, correct? And James, yours is going to be the original style, as Fran's was? Both of you will have pricing info shortly, I trust?

BTW I bumped into Fran at Monterey a few months ago; he told me that he had lent out his original to have more made, and the individual tasked with the job stole it from him and disappeared! :furious:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Just to reiterate , this is what i'm having copied.
It is the original badge as fitted to the second MK1 prototype and came with the steeringwheel, as bent during testing by Roy Salvadori and detailed in his book. Just incase there is any doubt about its parentage.
Yes thats an original photograph, signed by Roy that came with a bundle of others and letters.
Anyway, will have the prototype in my hand early january and will update here.
Please post here if you are interested as the larger the production run is, the better price i can obtain. I guess the next obvious step is to remanufacture the steeringwheel, but as i'm sure most are aware, its very time consuming with period pieces.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Gt40 Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    Gt40 Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 476
  • Gt40 Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    Gt40 Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 558
Back