GTD Clutch Kit from Centerforce

I have located a clutch Kit (with help from Howard Jones) that seem to be perfect fit for GTD original flywheels. I found out my original Lotus stuff that came with the kit were as good as GTD granada brakes. I think Lotus rates them for around 130 ft/lb of torque!!
To make long story short, here is the info. Centerforce DualFriction clutch for the Delorean is rated for 305 to 325 ft/lb of torque (quoted by Rick Mard at Centerforce). The clutch Diameter is 9 1/4" and it is 21T spline. The troque rating can be upgraded a bit more by using a 6 Paddle clutch disk from Clutch Net

http://www.clutchnet.com/

Clutch Net is recommended by Centerforce for off road racing.
No drilling or modifications were required on my original flywheel, it is a perfect fit!! I purchased mine from a place in LA, CA. They have indicated a $20 discount on kits sold to the Forum memebers (I was offered the $20 for my services, I declined /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

Below is a photo of all the stuff. The 8 button disk is what comes in the Centerforce kit. The 6 button/paddle is what you have to buy from clutch net If you realy are serious about braking your CVs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

YES, I know AP is THE best, It is used for the Ferraries (wow). But here is a cheaper option that "may be" (dare I say) "ALMOST", " a notch below" AP kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Send me a PM if interested

Attachments

• 49465-Duallfriction.JPG
    49465-Duallfriction.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 299

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Faili,

Out of curiosity, is the GTD flywheel a prorietary item? Why\Was there difficulty finding clutch kits to fit the flywheel?

Any reason why a Kennedy set up wouldn't work? Any pros & cons?

When is that 347 going to be on the road or is it already?

Hey Tim, I have been told the flywheel is an English Ford V6 drilled to accept Lotus clutch bits. You can not fit anything beyond 9 1/2" clutch (maybe 10", although I have never heard of one).
I talked to Kennedy, he does not like Renaults, so nothing there (I talked to him 2 times on this).

Last, now that I have everything, it should not be long before I get this thing on the road. And then Howy and I are going to Monterey to pick on Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey FF, now that you have the bits to finish up, why not bring it to "SAAC Does Vegas". They will tour Shelby's plant, do a rally thru Valley of Fire state park and have an open track event on the Saturday. All happening on Feb. 17,18 and 19, 2005. Alan and I are going. You have to be a national SAAC member to enjoy this one.

Tim, you got it!! Bud, that sounds like fun. You know I can't bring out my "bling" in the rain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will try to fire this thing up sometime next week. Assuming nothing falls off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
When are you coming over?!

Back