GTD Engine Bay Size - Motor options?

I can't seem to find any information on the size, width and height of motor that can fit in a GTD. I understand that fettling will need to be done for the modern engines, but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated...

I have the option to buy an Audi 5.2 V10 but understand it may be too big.

Many thanks...

Robin, there is a lot more to consider than just the size of the basic engine / gearbox unit. Particularly the weight and weight distribution / centre of gravity is important, as is the necessary room for engine ancillaries which will have to be moved from their original locations. engine heat output will affect your car, as will the location and routing of exhaust pipes and silencers, which will have to include cat converters on such an engine. KISS is the word ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) Frank

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I can't seem to find any information on the size, width and height of motor that can fit in a GTD. I understand that fettling will need to be done for the modern engines, but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated...

I have the option to buy an Audi 5.2 V10 but understand it may be too big.

Many thanks...

You might find the attached useful in that we know (I assume) that at least one these does fit; perhaps people can tell you where the bigger ones don't fit and hence uncover any issues with the V10 indirectly.

engine block size ford 114094_6v351vFE.gif

In the case of a Superformance GT40, the 351 and FE both fit, although the FE is at the limit in terms of length since the water pump pulley protrudes forward beyond the firewall. And the modular, I believe does not fit but I don't know where the collisions are.

Thanks for the help guys... Lots to thing about! Not sure I'll be going the v10 route! Despite the size issues, it's very expensive to convert the engine.

Many thanks,

Back